Thread: Marion Lake near Big Lake

Default Marion Lake near Big Lake

Does anyone have any info on this lake? I have never fished it but it looks like might be some good fishing. Comments, info is appreciated. I want to try this spring.

Biggest fish I caught out of this lake was 17 inches. I fished it twice . Try west beaver lake or little beaver lake for larger fish. Seymor lake has really nice bows in it but slow fishing.

Here's a semi accurate assessment of a lot of lakes in the area. I'd say in general, they underestimate the size of the largest fish in many lakes.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/fi...matsulakes.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to fish it years ago. Had good luck at the beginning of winter on a size 1 metallic green Mepps cyclops. For some reason the char would go crazy on it. Of course they had to go and quit making it. Never got anything over 20" and most were much smaller. Haven't fished it in several years now but the public access was a very steep trail. Definitely not big, heavy, sled-full-of-gear friendly.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

i fished this lake back in march. the trail is steep to lug a sled. I saw a really nice char on my camera, maybe 20"-24". counted at least three other similar sized char that day. for some reason they weren't buying. I would like to go back and try this lake if I had a 4-wheeler to get up and down the hill with my gear.