Thread: Change in wide load restrictions

Default Change in wide load restrictions

I was just getting my permit for the season. I carefully read all the restrictions, such as the requirement to stop at all weight stations (I have never done this in the past, oops), but the one that that was conspiquenily absent was the restriction of travel on labor day, memorial day, and the 4th of July. Did anyone hear about this, and is my assumption correct since it is not on the permit this year?
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

I believe that was an early- or mid-season change last year. When I got a 3-day permit in September the usual travel restrictions page was not included. I asked the clerk at DOT to be certain, and she said that for <11-foot loads (i.e. no pilot car required) that there is no longer a holiday restriction.
    "Money may not buy you happiness, but it will buy you a big enough boat that you can get close enough for a look."

Thanks for confirming the change. It will be nice not to have to worry about that this year.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Travel restrictions were dropped on 4th of July last year.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sweet, I bootleged it in 2005 on the fourth and thought I had er made till they shut me down at the tunnel for an hour or so.
    I think they took pity on me and let me go as my two year old deckhand got cranky.