Thread: Kenai Pen. Trails

Default Kenai Pen. Trails

We are hitting the Peninsula the last week of June for two weeks, starting with clamming :-) We will be ending at Bird Creek at the end of the first week of July. I am inquiring about ATV trails on the Homer and Seward sides. Is there anything up East End Road in Homer? I know there are trails in the Hills and may hit them for a day or two. I did look through the Trail Location thread but did not see much on the peninsula. Any help would be appreciated.

Most of the riding on the peninsula involves the beach, however there are some trails into the caribou hills. You can ride down the switchback and up to the head of the bay, but you'll hit the rivers pretty quick (don't try to cross - they are deep). The Russians will look askance at your presence though.

There are trails available, but they're mostly local/neighborhood knowledge. They turn in to bottomless mud pits with just local traffic, not to mention additional traffic from out of town.

If you can get across the bay to Seldovia/Jakalof, there's some good drier riding towards Red Mountain. But you have to take the ferry.

I'd stick to the beaches and please be courteous.

Trails are very limited due to the fact that about 70 percent of the peninsula is refuge and can not be accessed with an atv. There are some good trails and a fair amount of them in the caribou hills.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanSD View Post
    If you can get across the bay to Seldovia/Jakalof, there's some good drier riding towards Red Mountain. But you have to take the ferry.

I'd stick to the beaches and please be courteous.
    Red Mountain road was totally washed out last I heard; not sure what condition it'll be in this summer.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Thanks for the information everyone!