Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radar arch

Default Radar arch

Have looked online for a pre-made low (maybe 18-24" high) radar arch for a Hewescraft 24. Saw a few but may have to have one welded up locally so it looks decent as far as rake, width, & angle.
    Don't suppose there is anyone who knows who does these on a regular basis?
    Want to get antennas & radar up off the roof to make room for kayaks or a raft underneath.
    saw some on boats yesterday at the ramp, did see an okay stainless one on a Harbercraft but obviously it was a "add on" and had that look, different rake/angle than anything else on the boat but hey it was functional and they had one!

yeah I know I'm being picky (anal but want it to look decent and all that; matching antennas, etc.

New Awening1.JPG

Check with Ben at Silverstreak boats, he had one last year he was trying to sell that was made for a Hewescraft that the guy cancelled out. Not sure if he sold it. I had Gary at Greatland Welding build mine, and I love it. My design serves 3 functions. Shade, storage, and rod holders. My dingy slides right under it and I put my baskets of line and bouys in each corner under the arch due to my dingy is rounded corners. Fits snug. I stack shrimp pots on mine since I don't have a Radar. Welding part was a shade under a Grand a few years ago and the Fabric part was a shade over 500. I love it.

I ordered one for my Sea Ray from these folks. Very helpful and a quality product.

http://www.atlantictowers.com/

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

I got a nice ss one from Ak Mining and Diving a couple of years ago. They had a couple more in their warehouse loft so maybe still have one that will fit. I think I paid $700 for one with rocket launchers.

Try AlumiNeyman in Wasilla. He's done a few as well as cargo racks. His website has pictures you can look at www.alumineyman.webs.com

I bought mine from Ben at SilverStreak. Looks good on the Hewescraft. He will build either a tall one, which I got or a shorter version that you can not get a raft under. I think I paid $600 for mine this winter during the Northway Mall boat show. It matches the lines of the Hewescraft pretty well

Thanks guys will investigate!

Default Rack with radar arch

Had mine done at Greatland Welding in Palmer. Good people, good work, good prices. You can see some of their projects at this site: http://www.greatlandwelding.com/gallery.htm.

Try ATEC or Mikes welding on the peninsula too
    It's better to burn out than fade away.....

I don't mean to hijack but how important is it to get your radome level when at traveling speed ? I have a radar on order but I'm not to sure what pedistall to order because of the angles , thanks and sorry again for the hijack

If you need the Radar you should not be running very fast, but that's just me. If you mount it with a slight down angle at rest you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    If you need the Radar you should not be running very fast, but that's just me. If you mount it with a slight down angle at rest you should be good.
    Yea that's what I was thinking too...my roof is already foward leaning so I guess I'll just order one with no angle either way and the if it needs adjusting ill just make a little wedge to put under the base to adjust it if needed .

Checked with Silverstreak and they have one in stock that's made for a Hewes. Price seems fair.
    i think as at as a separated pedestal and angle, don't they come with shims for adjustment?

I figured it is easiest to bump this thread. I'm in Juneau and looking to get an arch, mainly for rod holders, antennae and lights for my 22' seasport. Any recommendations for someone local or easy to deal with and experience with seaports?

and should I go stainless or aluminum? all rails on boat are stainless so thinking I stick with stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by mtl1076 View Post
    I figured it is easiest to bump this thread. I'm in Juneau and looking to get an arch, mainly for rod holders, antennae and lights for my 22' seasport. Any recommendations for someone local or easy to deal with and experience with seaports?

and should I go stainless or aluminum? all rails on boat are stainless so thinking I stick with stainless.
    I'm in Sitka, and we have modified stainless arches, and built many out of aluminum. Both metals will work fine and hold up to the elements. It's all about looks really. Polished stainless looks nicer, but stainless is not only more expensive, but harder to work with so it will cost more. Maybe cost isn't an issue though. I personally don't have much experience with Juneau boat shops, so I don't really have any advice on anyone to recommend.

Built a number of these simple antennae arches over the years .... 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" aluminum pipe. Easy and quick to build .. doesn't take much material ... won't cost an arm and a leg. Shouldn't be a problem getting one of the local fab shops to stick one together.

Cormit, that is what I am looking for with some rocket launchers, probably on the side. I guess I just need to take some pictures and the boat to a local fabrication shop and see what they can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider leaving enough room to slide an inflatable between your arch and your house top. Sides of the arch should bent to match the lean of your cabin sides.

I thought about your post while walking around the Seattle Boat Show. This rocket launcher runs 1100 + 70 dollars per rod holder + shipping. It is stainless though. I bet you can get aluminum made locally for one quarter of that price.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

I got an aluminum one from Silverstreak in anchorage for 700. Didn't have any rod holders on it but I didn't want any. Mine is to elevate the radar and to mount various antennas. Also I mounted it on the bow end of the roof. Looked better and made it easier to throw an inflatable or kayaks up there.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast