Thread: Palmer AME's?

Default Palmer AME's?

I'd like to get my flight physical done to get a jump on my flight training, and I'd rather not have to go all the way into Anchorage if I can help it. I did a search and found there are four doctors in Palmer who handle it - anyone have any experience with any of them and have a recommendation either for or against?

Edit: I found a couple right here in Wasilla on another site. Same question about them.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

I would reccomend Dr. Duane Odland. He is competent and a nice fellow as well.

Thanks Tcraft, I think he is one of the Wasilla AMEs too.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

A 3rd class flight physical is very simple unless you have some pre-existing health conditions that'll need special issuance attention. You'll need to file your 8500-8 electronically so you need to know how to navigate the process before you send too much or incorrect information to the FAA. Most AMEs will require you to have filed the 8500-8 prior to your appointment. If you aren't sure about the process ask the doctor's receptionist to help you understand it.

Oh, and one more word of advice. It's always easier to fill out your next 8500-8 if you have a copy of your previous ones. Make a copy and have it available to help you fill out the next one.

Here's the 8500-8 info including a link to register and fill out the form. Have fun! http://www.faa.gov/forms/index.cfm/g...umentID/185786

Thank you Mr. Pid, I didn't know about the 8500-8. Rep coming your way, checking that link now.