Thread: Photobucket Nightmares

Default Photobucket Nightmares

Are any of you having trouble with the new Photobucket interface? I can't seem to get photos to upload or anything. Before I just toss Photobucket to the wolves, I'm wondering if any of you are having similar issues?

Assuming Photobucket is a non-starter now, what alternatives are you using?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Testing...Photobucket seems ok.

I'm just trying this here,...seems there may be a problem here too ??
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

This seemed to work for me,..but there was an issue,...something I actually needed to shut down my photobucket window, to get back here ??
    Anybody know what that's about?

I'm able to copypaste over, but somethings sure not right,....BUMMER, for me big time, I have a lot of stuff there
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

If anyone gets this figured out, please post the solution,...or,
    tips, on how complicated is it,....or not complicated,....to start up with a new photo-share site,
    transfer all your photos over,..??

I'm sure hoping it's a temporary glitch

from my end, I can open another window, with AOD still open on a reply page,....Photobucket opens fine,..and I can copy the URL
    then I can't get back to the AOD page,...(it goes flashing orange highlighted) this is using Chrome,...
    no matter what I do, it sticks with the Photobucket page,...

until I shut down the photobucket page,...my "Copied URL," sticks around, and I can then paste here,...

Hmm, not good, for a Pic Heavy posting,...would indeed be a nightmare

Maybe it's just a Safari issue on a Mac. Never had anissueuntil the photobucket app came out...

mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

One thing I noticed a couple days ago is that now the IMG-tagged links also include a URL tag before and after the photo. I just cut those off when I pasted it here on the forums. It added a couple steps and about 10 seconds per picture, but otherwise it still works.

I have had PB give me trouble loading the bulk uploader in the past. It has always been a flash plugin issue. Try a different browser or reinstall flash from the adobe website.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

The method I use to post images....in Photbucket under the 4 options for linking images...I click on the Direct Image Link (to copy my image), and in AOD, I paste into URL box in the Insert Image. One key note....If the check mark under the URL box is checked the result is a thumbnail, by unchecking that box I get a full size image.

Another way to simply post images...is to right click on the image in PB and in AOD, in the text message area, right click and paste...this will post a full size image.

I use IE8 and have not seen any issues with open web pages or moving back and forth between various web sites, such as AOD and PB.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmikk View Post
    The method I use to post images....in Photbucket under the 4 options for linking images...I click on the Direct Image Link (to copy my image), and in AOD, I paste into URL box in the Insert Image. One key note....If the check mark under the URL box is checked the result is a thumbnail, by unchecking that box I get a full size image.
    +1

Still works with Safari this way for me.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Nice News today,...
    without changing anything, I posted up a bunch of pics here in one post,...worked,...same as it's always been

Whew,...so glad

testing photo:

DSC00068 by Junebug5871, on Flickr