Thread: Whittier Ramp April 13

Default Whittier Ramp April 13

Went to Whittier last night April 13, 2013 to start sea trials. Here is the report for the Shrimp opener on the 15th.

The road is mostly clear. The parking lot has some lumps of ice that you can park on, but space is limited. If people park willy nilly there will be no room. There is no way in Hades the parking lot across the tracks will be open. The ramp has quite a bit of ice on the one lane to the right (West). The other two lanes in the middle are open enough. There is some old snow/ice with a whole lot of gravel mixed in at the top of the ramp. I did not slip once. Go slow of course. I was in 4 wheel with studs.

It was blowing pretty hard. Gusts to 30 according to the weather report. Miserable cold at the launch and parking lot. Miserable boating I would imagine. I did not get the boat off the trailer however. Y-pipe leak.

Thanks for the report. I'm still heading there tonight and plan to stay until Tuesday afternoon. So did ya just come back home then? Are you planning on giong back out today or what?
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Thanks for the update, Guess I'll wait a week
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Thanks for the report. I'm still heading there tonight and plan to stay until Tuesday afternoon. So did ya just come back home then? Are you planning on giong back out today or what?
    With a leaking exhaust, I was in no hurry put the boat in the water. I have it back at the mechanic now to sort it all out. So, no I did not stay. No reason with it blowing nuclear and having a leaking boat.