Thread: Newer C-Dory are they Seaworthy

Default Newer C-Dory are they Seaworthy

I know it doesnt take much to make it uncomfortable, wondering if the newer ones ride better.

C-Dory's hull shapes haven't changed much in quite a few years. 22 cruisers still have a pretty flat bottom, and tend to pound on a short chop unless you slow down some. 25's, being heavier, pound less. There is also the C-Dory Venture line, like the Venture 23, that rides the chop a little smoother and has a little less spartan interior than the 22 cruiser.

If by seaworthy you mean can they handle BIG seas safely, the answer is absolutely yes. We had our 22 cruiser in 15-25 foot waves on the west coast of Chichagof I, and did not take any green water over the bow. She rode pretty easy in 8-10 foot seas. And I mean seas, not just swells. Of course in such situations you slow down a lot.

C-Dory 255 Tom Cats slice through the chop, and don't pound at all. They also cruise easily at 25-30 knots.
    Richard Cook
    New Moon (Bounty 257)
    "Cruising in a Big Way"

Ya I've heard they aren't the best in the chop, I like the looks and the setup. Just don't want to spend 100k on a big boat, need some that is manageable. Towing, fuel cost, enough room the whole nine.

Have you looked at the C-Brats website, whole thing is dedicated to C Dory.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I dont know about the smaller ones, but at some point C-Dory added some deadrise to the hulls.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Sea trial in a 22ft sea sport tomorrow in whittier, this might be the boat!!