Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingfisher 2825 ESPAR Install Photos

Default Kingfisher 2825 ESPAR Install Photos

Thought I would post up a bunch of photos from my ESPAR install in case someone wanted to see them.

The ESPAR was installed behind the cabinets in the boat. The unit is sharing a fuel tank with the Wallas stove in the boat. I was able to get a wallas stove fuel pickup that attached to the existing tank with no problems. The tank is only 4 gallons but it should work for now. The exhaust exits right next to the Wallas exhaust so that both my exhausts are on one side of the boat, now I can raft up on one side of the boat at least. I ran duct to the bathroom, into the main cabin and into the V-berth. I have an extra Y piece to eventually put defrost on the boat but I have not done that yet as I want to see if couple of little fans will take care of the foggy windows before I drill more holes in the boat. The heater fired up and had the cabin at 70 degrees in no time, I think I am going to like this and not sure why I waited so long.

2013-04-11 12.07.21.jpg2013-04-12 17.53.49.jpg
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

More photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

2013-04-12 17.50.48.jpg

One last photo

Great job! I know you will enjoy that set up.

I would recommed that you add the defrosters. Otherwise I think you would have to keep the cabin heat hotter than you would be comfortable with to keep the windows from fogging up on those nasty days when it's needed the most.

But you can test it out and see how it works for you.

I have never had a day out on the water where I had to stop because of my windows fogged up. But I have had the defrosters and fans going full open.

Now if I can get a good set of windshield wipers I would be a happy boater!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Change View Post
    Great job! I know you will enjoy that set up.

I would recommed that you add the defrosters. Otherwise I think you would have to keep the cabin heat hotter than you would be comfortable with to keep the windows from fogging up on those nasty days when it's needed the most.

But you can test it out and see how it works for you.

I have never had a day out on the water where I had to stop because of my windows fogged up. But I have had the defrosters and fans going full open.

Now if I can get a good set of windshield wipers I would be a happy boater!

I may just go ahead and add the defrosters this week, I just found out that I have another week off from work so now I have time. Just have to buy 6 more ft of duct and pick out some defrost vents. Don't like the ones that Advance diesel has, they are ugly, going to check and see of Polar Marine (Polar Wire) has any wallas vents, they are smaller and look much better.

That rv guy over off arctic & raspberry sells wallas stuff too. Might be worth a shot

Trying to find some small round 360 degree adjustable closeable vents that look nice is not easy... The wallas ones are nicer than the Espar model but neither looks nice. Wish I knew where Kingfisher got there vents, the ones on the new boats are not ESPAR brand and look perfect.. maybe an email to them will help.

Looks great. I really like the digital thermostat. That's my next upgrade. I second the defrost vents. It's a must have.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    Trying to find some small round 360 degree adjustable closeable vents that look nice is not easy... The wallas ones are nicer than the Espar model but neither looks nice. Wish I knew where Kingfisher got there vents, the ones on the new boats are not ESPAR brand and look perfect.. maybe an email to them will help.
    Not sure what Kingfisher uses but I had this style of heater vents in my Thunderjet and they worked great, opened and closed and swiveled 360 degrees. Don't know if anyone carries them locally but I bet they can be found on the internet. I think they are made by Heatercraft.

Erurovent_LG.jpg

I agree. My Kingfisher vents are not the best looking but they work.

Those heatercraft vents don't look to bad. I think I have those on my Elan wakeboard boat.

That is what I am looking for exactly.. Back to the interweb I go.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    That is what I am looking for exactly.. Back to the interweb I go.

Around $17.00 each at http://www.boat-heaters.com/82-marad...uver-boat.html

Hey Fullboat. Did those vents hook up to the ESPAR hose? I believe the ESPAR hose is 90MM which is 3.5" or so. I guess you could just calmp it down tight to make it work. They are nice vents though. I used to have them in my last Hewes but it was a different heater.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

On kingfishers the defrost runs thru a channel under the dash so you don't hook the vents to the hose. You can also get adapters to go from 90mm to the 75mm hose if you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat View Post
    I actually found those just after I posted, going to look around Monday and if no luck will order.

Looks great man. A new beginning has begun for you! The espar will change your life. Hahahahaha! I love love love my espar!!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Nice work. Which size heater did you go with?

Its a D4.

I installed my d4 in the same location and have found there was significant residual heat inside the cabinet. So I ducted my existing defrosted fan to pull warmed air from this area, this was simple and has been a dramatic improvement. You are going to really like your new espar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast