Thread: Glacier Craft appraisal

Default Glacier Craft appraisal

I just saw a 26' Glacier Craft for sale on CL. It believe that it belongs to a forum member. It looks like a nicely equipped vessel, and I believe he is asking a fair price for it. He states that SilverStreak appraised it for $195,000 recently. This seems way over what it should be. How in the world could he(SS) justify that one? If I was buying a boat and saw a SS appraisal on it, I would get another one. Am I crazy, or do you think SilverStreak is on the money? I wonder if he meant replacement value? Even then, that still seems high. http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/3740249088.html

Maybe the appraisal is for replacement cost?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote: "I believe he is asking a fair price for it"

I'm not grasping what good an additional appraisal would do since you state your belief that the seller is asking a fair price. The appraiser might well be willing to give you a basis for his findings even though they are likely spelled out in the appraisal document.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    Quote: "I believe he is asking a fair price for it"

I'm not grasping what good an additional appraisal would do since you state your belief that the seller is asking a fair price. The appraiser might well be willing to give you a basis for his findings even though they are likely spelled out in the appraisal document.
    I said if I was buying A boat, not that one and I agree with you. I'm wondering if they are really worth that much now or if he is off his rocker!

Quote, "Maybe the appraisal is for the replacement cost "

That is what I was wondering also if you look at my original post. But still, is GC getting that for a 26'er now? I would think not.

I have yet to see a boat appraisal that I considered to be a fair market price. My guess is that they sell appraisals primarily to the seller, so it is an easier sale of the price is high. I was wondering if you owned the boat in your avatar, why you would be looking at this one, but it sounds like you are just pondering the appraisal issue, not interested in the boat. That boat has been for sale at the lower price for some time, so that adds some doubt to the appraisal as well.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    I have yet to see a boat appraisal that I considered to be a fair market price. My guess is that they sell appraisals primarily to the seller, so it is an easier sale of the price is high. I was wondering if you owned the boat in your avatar, why you would be looking at this one, but it sounds like you are just pondering the appraisal issue, not interested in the boat. That boat has been for sale at the lower price for some time, so that adds some doubt to the appraisal as well.
    Yes, I do own the boat in my avatar. I was just intrigued by the appraisal or replacement cost. Just seems like he is way off, or maybe I am way off. Needed some clarification if it's me or him (SilverStreak).

It could also be the old trick of getting a high appraisal so the buyer can get a loan.. Some banks will only loan x% of the appraisal value.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Or maybe that includes the interest (that would have been) accrued while you wait for a new GC.....?

I'm the owner of the Glacier Craft boat for sale. Boat Survey done by Ben at Silver Streak Boats on 9-11-2012 is written as follows:

Estimated Replacement Cost: $240,000
    Estimated Present Value: $195,000.00

Do I think we would get $195,000? No.

Hence we are starting at $110,000 or Best Offer.

Tammy

I can get a 31ft Bertram with a charter permit for that price. With twin 6B cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by killer instinct View Post
    I'm the owner of the Glacier Craft boat for sale. Boat Survey done by Ben at Silver Streak Boats on 9-11-2012 is written as follows:

Estimated Replacement Cost: $240,000
    Estimated Present Value: $195,000.00

Do I think we would get $195,000? No.

Hence we are starting at $110,000 or Best Offer.

Tammy
    Tammy, thank you for responding. I think you are asking a fair price, and this was not directed at you in any negative way, so please don't take it that way. My question was about the appraisal price and the value of GC's. Good luck on selling your vessel, I would be proud to own that.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjq View Post
    Or maybe that includes the interest (that would have been) accrued while you wait for a new GC.....?
    Oh, I did have a chuckle at this & so did the hubby....

Quote Originally Posted by Soundfisher View Post
    Tammy, thank you for responding. I think you are asking a fair price, and this was not directed at you in any negative way, so please don't take it that way. My question was about the appraisal price and the value of GC's. Good luck on selling your vessel, I would be proud to own that.
    Oh no, not taking it in a negative way at all. We used Ben at Silver Streak boats because he was recommended on this forum by other members who had appraisals done by his company.

Oh no, not taking it in a negative way at all. We used Ben at Silver Streak boats because he was recommended on this forum by other members who had appraisals done by his company.
    I have been drooling over your boat for a while now. I think I am going to list my boat tomorrow and if I get luck enough to sell it I will be contacting you immediately.
    Just the boat I am looking for, wish it had a lil more engine out back but I think you are selling an amazing vessel that I really want!

Thank you powderhound - yep, bigger motors are always a plus, we agree! We are willing to sell the hull only (cheaper $) if someone wanted to repower her.

Tammy

I bet the twin 140's are enough, my 28 X 9'5 kingfisher does fine with twin 150's.

The twin 140's do well, but the hubby's motto is "Bigger is always better".

Oh, I did have a chuckle at this & so did the hubby....
    Cheers!!!

And good luck with the sale, that's a great boat you guys have there, and just to add my .02, I think you guys are asking a very reasonable price, someone is going to be very happy to take over the duties at the helm on her.