Thread: Speaking of last minute changes to proposals...

Default Speaking of last minute changes to proposals...

http://www.alaskajournal.com/Alaska-...ch-resolution/

Three days earlier, Seaton withdrew HR 6 after Rep. Bill Stoltze released a four-page amendment minutes before the House vote would have occurred...

The resolution, which had been the subject of two Fisheries Committee hearings, was focused entirely on trawl bycatch and directed only to the North Pacific council...

Stoltze’s amendment called on the Board of Fisheries to “reduce chinook bycatch in the Cook Inlet by setting new limit on setnet fisheries.”

Wasn't this one of his reasons for jacking Webster? "It's legal, but just not right."

I actually e-mailed Mr Stoltze, asking if there was anyway he would allow the bill to proceed since it was only directed at the North pacific council. He replied that the Chair, Mr Seaton, would not let any UCI proposals be heard in the fisheries committee. So that is why he put it forward. Then Seaton pulled the resolution. Sounded to me like a tit for tat, from both sides. I surely wanted that resolution to pass too.
    Last edited by thewhop2000; 04-13-2013 at 13:10. Reason: fat fingers
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

2000, it looks like neither one of us has a life While I'm sure you've been at the library, I was too lazy to go fishing today. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

My legislative knowledge/experience is very limited, but from what I can find, Mr. stoltze only sponsored on fisheries-related bill, HB18 (pu priority).

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/g...e=H&session=28

It was heard & held in the fisheries committee. Yes, holding a bill in committee is an effective way of killing it, but it WAS heard. Luckily for many Alaskans, Seaton is the committee chair. As a representative from a coastal town, he realizes that our fish are not only a source of recreation and fine dining for Alaskans, but the lifeblood of beautiful communities like his. Thank you Mr. Seaton!.

How does that work, could any member of the committee have motioned for a vote on it?

He's the minutes.

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/g...or+Bill+%23%29

It's at the bottom.

Smith, I don't know either. Maybe someone else can chime in. I never normally deal with the legislature, I'm just a front man/pitchman to SCADA's membership. I admit I take one or two legislature's dipping on a boat my buddy owns, to show them how many people participate but.... I don't work behind the scenes lobbying. I just put it out there and see what develops. I also make them chip in for gas too. Everyone pays a fair share. I have seen Bill Stoltze down there dipping but have never taken him out myself.
    I'm thinking personalities are more at play here than anything else. I don't blame anyone, I blame them all..Oh, I have a life and that life is sending me to Dutch Harbor as a carpenter come Thursday. so my time is limited.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Man oh man... long winded and nothing gets accomplished. Gotta love our Legislature!!!