Thread: Haul Road Jennie Creek Lake???

MNTS_R_MY_PLYGRND

Default Haul Road Jennie Creek Lake???

Anyone familair with Jennie Lake Creek about 4 miles off the haul road and about 12-15 miles north of Wiseman. Anyplace to park a vehicle near there. Looking at parking about 13 miles north of Wise or about 1 mile north of where Linda Creek crosses the road.

Any fish in that lake mainly is what I'm looking. Seems like a good hike to spend a couple days hanging out at the lake and then come back. Also any good caribou in that area. Will be bringing my bow along with me incase I get lucky enough to see some close to the road, which from what I read seems like its pretty slim. Any information would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

Default Jenny lake

Seems like a lot of work for a fish

MNTS_R_MY_PLYGRND

Default Not fish as much as just a get away in the mountians

Just looking to get away in the brooks range without having to charter a flight. A possible lake with fish in it during a backpacking/ hiking excursion would be a plus for sure. Just wondering if anyone had any info on the area as far as parking and fishing and what not. Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks

As I Recall There Are Plenty Of Small Pull Outs In That Area Not Familiar With The Lake Or Specific Spot. Always Grayling Lake Or Galbreath Lake To Fish But They Are Right On Road. There Is A "campground" ( Use That Term Very Loosely) On Far Side Of Galbreath Probably 2 Miles From Haul Road. Could Use Small Boat Or Float Tube In Those.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Jenny Lake

There is a pull out at Linda Creek, but the truckers use it regularly and not much room. There is a toilet and bigger pullout at the base of Sukapak mountain next to the Middle fork of the Koyukuk. It's a beautiful spot in my opinion; and at about mile 204 i think. Also a gravel pit at Gold Creek with all kinds of room, but there is a gate that may or may not be locked.

Good Luck