Thread: May Kings?

Default May Kings?

I have a brother and nephew coming up May 11-18 for my daughter's high school graduation, but after that big event they'd love to chase some kings ... any suggestions for where the best chances would be in southcentral? We'd be looking at a charter -- so any suggestions for best bet on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions!

Cook inlet saltwater kings should be at its peak. Halibut will be available too. Ninilchik all the way to Homer. I don't charter much so no help there.

Freshwater you might have a shot in Kasilof River but its early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Tat Tatterson
    Seward Fishing Charters - Pacific Fishing, Inc. out of Seward,AK

This boat specializes in Kings out of Seward, but I think there are more to be caught out of Homer then:

http://www.millerslandingak.com/fish...n-charters.htm
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Greatland,

If I were you I would call Greg at PoleBenders fishing Adventures out of Anchor Point. He is a great guy and consistently catches kings. He is also a member of this forum. Here is a link to his website: www.polebendersfishing.com/
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbtide View Post
    Greatland,

If I were you I would call Greg at PoleBenders fishing Adventures out of Anchor Point. He is a great guy and consistently catches kings. He is also a member of this forum. Here is a link to his website: www.polebendersfishing.com/
    +1. I don't charter much but Greg has been a wealth of information for me. I'd credit his insights for my luck in landing a few kings in Cook Inlet off my kayak for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would highly recommend Alaska Saltwater Charters. Dianne has been chasing kings out of Seward for years and the Florette C is a very comfy boat to go fishing on. I've fished with her several times and can't wait to do it again.

http://aksaltwatercharters.com/
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbtide View Post
    Greatland,

I was too slow this morning and "the man" has already been recomended. Yep, go with Greg Marksom and you'll have a great time He will put on the fish if there is any out there.

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    I was too slow this morning and "the man" has already been recomended. Yep, go with Greg Marksom and you'll have a great time He will put on the fish if there is any out there.
    THANKS for the reference guys, been out chasing metal heads in southeast, to get my ya-ya's out. brrrrr, wish the drift boats had a heated cabin like the big boat does . but back to chasing the chromers now.
    Greatland; honestly that is The best time in the inlet as far a i am concerned..

Default Thanks folks!

Thanks for all the info and suggestions folks -- I may end up being limited to Seward (other family travel now planned for there), but if not it sounds like I should be giving polebenders a call -- or maybe I should just do two trips, eh!?