Thread: Which hitch?

Default Which hitch?

It looks like this trailer had a weight distribution hitch. Here is the part that is on the trailer. Any idea what make/model I need for the truck half?

Tapatalk image hosting is flaking out....trying her again...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365647516.644942.jpg

Go see Six Roblees or Trailer Craft.

Or take your pick......need to figure up trailer weight tongue weight and then we can get to work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=weig...w=1600&bih=796

I will have to do some more checking but here are the specs for the current version of my trailer (24' model) but mine is a 2004.
    http://www.thorcalifornia-rv.com/tah...Fury-specs.htm

I have a 2009 F250 CC/LB Diesel with factory tow package to include trailer brake controller. The picture is the existing welded brackets on the trailer. I am hoping to ID what brackets they are so I can by the truck side 1/2 of the hitch.

Those brackets are generic, they will work with any weight distribution hitch that uses a chain from the bars to the trailer.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Eazlift Prostar looks to be the most economical hitch but they are only rated to 10,000 lbs and my trailer grosses at 10,500 from what I have found online. I imaging a few passes over the scales could sort out my trailer and tongue weight.

When I bought the weight distribution hitch for my boat trailer I went up one size from what I needed, I got a 15K pound rated hitch to tow 12K boat and trailer. If there was ever a place to spend a bit of extra money it would be in a trailer hitch.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks for the info here. I ended up getting a 12k wd hitch from 6 RL's. hopefully I will be able to get this thing out for some camping soon!