Thread: Why is there 5 bear tags now?

Default Why is there 5 bear tags now?

My buddy picked up his black bear tags for the remainder of the season for our spring hunt. When he brought them into work to show me i noticed that there were 5 detachable paper tags instead of the usual three. This made me ponder that they changed the regs or maybe had an EO to the 2012 regs that let you harvest 5 bears instead of the 3 in some units. My search has come up empty and was wondering if any of you knew why the black bear tags have 5 on there now. thanks

joe

Units 19 and 25 have a 5 black bear limit

Quote Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
    Units 19 and 25 have a 5 black bear limit
    thank you, has this always been the case?

They are offering the predator control permit for unit 16 again this year too. With the permit there is no limit.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

[QUOTE=AKsoldier;1270936]They are offering the predator control permit for unit 16 again this year too. With the permit there is no limit.[/QUOTE

]
    Not sure how predator control works. I am flying to 16B Saturday for two weeks to hunt. I was told that they weren' t doing it this year at F&G. They said to just bring In brownie to be sealed. Did I miss something?

[QUOTE=stangracer72;1270944]
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    They are offering the predator control permit for unit 16 again this year too. With the permit there is no limit.[/QUOTE

]
    Not sure how predator control works. I am flying to 16B Saturday for two weeks to hunt. I was told that they weren't doing it this year at F&G. They said to just bring In brownie to be sealed. Did I miss something?
    I got a letter from F&G informing me they are doing it again this year, because I had signed up a couple of years ago. It only applies to black bears though.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

[QUOTE=AKsoldier;1270964]
    Quote Originally Posted by stangracer72 View Post

I got a letter from F&G informing me they are doing it again this year, because I had signed up a couple of years ago. It only applies to black bears though.
    Yes they are conducting the predator control permit in unit 16B again this year and that applies to Brown and Black Bears like it has the past couple years from what I have been told. With that permit you do not utilize your harvest tags.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

[QUOTE=broncoformudv;1271097]
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post

Yes they are conducting the predator control permit in unit 16B again this year and that applies to Brown and Black Bears like it has the past couple years from what I have been told. With that permit you do not utilize your harvest tags.
    Thanks for the correction, I thought it was for blackies only. Good to know brown bears are included.

[QUOTE=AKsoldier;1271123]
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Thanks for the correction, I thought it was for blackies only. Good to know brown bears are included.
    The brown bear area is much smaller then the black bear area. Just make sure you know the boundaries.

Also the regs are slightly different for the two species

Quote Originally Posted by jojomoose View Post
    My buddy picked up his black bear tags for the remainder of the season for our spring hunt. When he brought them into work to show me i noticed that there were 5 detachable paper tags instead of the usual three. This made me ponder that they changed the regs or maybe had an EO to the 2012 regs that let you harvest 5 bears instead of the 3 in some units. My search has come up empty and was wondering if any of you knew why the black bear tags have 5 on there now. thanks

joe
    tell your buddy to join the forum. he can use the name jojojojojobeartags. wow, that was a stupid joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    tell your buddy to join the forum. he can use the name jojojojojobeartags. wow, that was a stupid joke.
    Yeah it was pretty bad, but i have definately hear a lot worse Mainer. Now we just need to fill those tags.....one more month for the first trip.