Thread: Grizzly population in unit 16

Question Grizzly population in unit 16

If you bait anywhere long enough your going to see Grizzlies. I Sure wish they would allow for at least one Grizzly taken per registered bait station in Unit 16A and 16B. all who hunt in this unit understand that in the past few years, the Grizzly population has exploded. We keep thinning out the black bear population, and because of the lack of ability to spot and stock in this Unit due to thick forest, less pressure on scavenging has allowed for the Grizzly bears in this are to breed like crazy. Something has got to give. We need to lobby F&G to a change in regulation. One Grizzly bear per registered bait station would be very beneficial for the ultimate goal, higher moose population, which i thought was the purpose for this area specifically Anyway, I'm curious to see if other fellow Unit 16 bear baiters feal the same? Obviously are main focuses is to take black bears and to avoid Grizzly bears hitting our station. But inevitably, Grizzlies will come for a free snack, itís going to happen. And the One Grizzly taken would have to be taken only by the registered owner of the station. I believe this would help out the moose population in greatly and I know it would still keep the population of Grizzlies at a healthy number.

2014 allows the taking of Grizz over bait stations in Unit 16.
    Wish granted.
    BK

I have not heard that.... In all of 16? or just the predater control area?

Not really sure how i missed that but apparently you are correct. 2014 can't come soon enough. Good to hear!

If you really want one..just float almost any River system out there in late August/September....99.9% chance you will get one...lol
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I think they should open up baiting for browns in all units that they allow baiting. And they should open up 14C for baiting Black bears. my parents live in Indian and they have bears all the time in the yard and not many moose.

It's open in 7, 13D, 15, and 16 starting next year...

Submit a proposal for the next BOG to open up 14.

what does it all intel to submit a proposal to fish and game I would love to see them open up 14C to baiting.

Quote Originally Posted by redneckalaskan View Post
    what does it all entail to submit a proposal to fish and game I would love to see them open up 14C to baiting.
    Proposal Form