Thread: Interior River Boating destinations.....

Default Interior River Boating destinations.....

Bought an trusty Riverunner last year with a 70hp jet on it, and couldn't keep it in the water long enough last year for my liking...so needless to say I am hooked. From y'all that have some time power boating under your belt where do you all go / recommend in The Interior. I don't make it that direction as often as I would like so I am kind of green on that one...just looking for some place to do some cruising, maybe a little fishing, camping....family friendly waters......

On a side note, along the same lines, because I NEVER make it out there how boat-able is the Fortymile out of Chicken?

Raftable, not real user friendly to a hard hulled power boat, in the midst of dodging rocks you'd be likely to be dodging miners bullets....

The mighty Yukon would be a great destination for ya! A fairly short trip upstream from the bridge will put you at the Dall river for some Very decent pike fishing. Several places along its shore to pop a tent.

Go get 'em.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Quote Originally Posted by OzAK View Post
    Raftable, not real user friendly to a hard hulled power boat, in the midst of dodging rocks you'd be likely to be dodging miners bullets....

lol thats kind of why I asked about the Fortymile...in regards to the miners. As one who likes to partake in the activity too..they don't scare me, plus they own the MINERAL rights not the access rights.....you launch bullets in my direction....you can expect to receive some in return.....

Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    The mighty Yukon would be a great destination for ya! A fairly short trip upstream from the bridge will put you at the Dall river for some Very decent pike fishing. Several places along its shore to pop a tent.

Go get 'em.
    thanks man! I just honestly dont make it to the Interior as often as I would like to, so I am thinking about going a time or to this summer to enjoy it!

Lil more info on it.... The Dall river is more like a slough.. very little, if any, flow after the spring thaw. I've caught pike from the confluence to several miles upstream from the Yukon, the larger ones (42"+)nearest the Yukon. Very easy, kid friendly fishing. Troll spinners/spoons up and down the river or cast topwater lures. Good times!

On hot sunny days the horseflies can be horrendous! They go away when it cools off.

Plenty of bear tracks along the shore too...

Post pics if ya go...please
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74