Thread: Interesting artical on .22 LR ammo and 11% Tax on Ammo

Default Interesting artical on .22 LR ammo and 11% Tax on Ammo

Good read, thanks.

I have issues with the 10 year shelf life on ammo. In reality it is much greater. I would rather have a case of .308 over $500 in cash 25 years from now.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    I have issues with the 10 year shelf life on ammo. In reality it is much greater. I would rather have a case of .308 over $500 in cash 25 years from now.
    I could NOT agree more..........Dump cash into hard tangible assets.

That was a poorly written article. While the bubble will burst. The premise that everything is happening in a vacuum is false. There have been 70 million new gun purchases in 5 years. Those guns require bullets. The shooting sports are growing and the only holdup is ammo availability and price. I don't think it will be like gold in the 70s when the bubble bursts. Still waiting for the oil bubble to burst.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

When exactly did the gold bubble burst anyway? On approximate average first month of each year . . . 1970 it was $35, 1975 $175, 1980 $600, 1985 $300, 1990 $400, 1995 $400, 2000 $300, 2005 $425, 2010 $1150. I just donít see any crash in that yet, I just see a market trending overall way up outpacing inflation with minor corrections as you would expect.

To me ammo is just a commodity and like an other commodity it will run hot and cold on supply and demand . . . just like pork belles, corn, or crude oil. Also to my way of looking at it gold/silver is the real money, when you see the dollar price of going up in truth what you are seeing is the real value of a dollar going down. Think about this, if you had put $10,000 into gold in 1970 at todayís price you would have just under $500,000 now . . . what does that say about the dollar.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

what cracked me up about that article was his statement about a ".38 magnum". he then wrote notes trying to dismiss his corny inaccuracy as a common "slang term" for 357 magnum. never heard .38 magnum before. I wouldn't even use that article to wipe my bum.

A poorly written article by an individual very ignorant about guns, ammunition and bullets. Calling ammo bullets shows ignorance. Talking or writing about something of which you are ignorant is stupid. ​Just my opinion.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Well, all of you pretty much covered what I was going to say about the article less one point about the .38 magnum and attempted correction. The author mistakenly states that a .38 magnum is actualy a .357 load shot in a .38 pistol...NOT !

The only Point that matters in the Article is: That You'all "Shooters" of .22 LR ammo have others who want the same product as a store of future value.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    The only Point that matters in the Article is: That You'all "Shooters" of .22 LR ammo have others who want the same product as a store of future value.
    I hope my 8,000 rounds last until I can find more, ground squirrels are starting to come out and my daughter is almost big enough to hold up her lil single shot.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!