Thread: I thought I would Share a Little Lyons

Rifle River MI

Default I thought I would Share a Little Lyons

I hope this does not violate any forum rules so here you go.

Nick Lyons one of the great authors of our time from the story MECCA:

One Spring there was no Spring. March lingered into Mid April, late April was as Wintery as Feb and by the end of May you might have been convinced that, since not even Quill Gordon had arrived, God was taking a special vengence of fly fishers.

Seems like as all things in life we must wait some days and or some month and or years in order to accomplish our given task.

Monday when I came to work it was -25 then it changed to Zero and now we have a fresh snow with a winter advisory through Weds Night. Nenana River has 57 inches of solid ice and the lakes are no better. I have the feeling if it does not change sone Ice out on our lakes will be Mid June!

Ahhhhhh! Good Stuff!

Two Rivers, AK

I went up the road last Wednesday, and I swear the upper Chena gave me the finger. Looked like it has no plans to open up at all this summer. I'm really curious to see what happens with the Ice Classic.

I had to come down to the DC suburbs for a meeting, so I came down a day early and spent it bothering brookies and brownies on the Savage River in western MD. Very nice, and it felt great to wet a line.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Big Lake

Last week, SPRING had arrived in Big Lake. This week, WTH happened???
    Currently I'm in SE PA and spring is back in the picture. This weekend, we'll head to Oneida, NY to try for prespawn smallies. If spring hasn't arrived there yet, it will have to be steelhead in the Salmon River.
    Hopefully by the time I get back to Big Lake, spring will be back and the Willow will be open.