Thread: Air boat advise

Default Air boat advise

He guys I'm looking at getting my first airboat. Been watching Craigslist for one. I don't know jack about them. So what are sum things I need to look for or watch out for.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Hey Mike, welcome to the airboat forum. Lots of questions for you before we can answer yours. How big do you want, how many people do you want to carry besides the moose. Where do you plan on going with it. How much can you afford. Are you a pretty fair mechanic. That will give us a start. I guy named Skip will most likely give you a call or invite u to call him. good guy, he builds new, and sells used. he can give you a lot of help. Best to answer these questions for now if undecided, say so. lots to choose from, also look at Fbk CL and alaska lists. Bud
    Wasilla

Also do some reading on a forum called "southernairboat.com" lots of info here. This site will answer questions you did not think of yet.
    BK

16 to 18ft. 2 guys and moose. I'm very skilled person Mechanically. So if you know of any out there for sale I'm looking any in price range 20 to 40. Thanks mike. Second any you guys give lessons on what not to do. New guy here to airboats.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Were do you guys insurance your airboat thru

markel insurance, the best 800 879 2248
    Wasilla

Allstate or preferrably Charter Lakes.

2 Q's:
    Have you looked at the above web site?
    Have you contacted Skip about a used one? He knows about used ones and who has what for sale. At any given time he has 6-10 boats sitting in his yard.
    BK

I'm in the same boat as Mike. Southern Airboat's forum is proving to have tons of information; thanks for the tip.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Yep I've talked with skip. Great guy.

Here a pic of the air boat I bought heading to pick it up this weekend in Fairbanks
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366912202.982385.jpg

Looks good, tell us a little about it, power etc. air rangers are good well made boats. down the road if you start getting cold, skip can add a cab to your stand for you if you want. also thing you could add a wind screen and have a canvas guy make a cab for u. did u take it for a ride someplace before buying, even on snow would tell u a lot. u can also hook up mine in tandum and bring it back for me, save me a trip up to get mine from skip. Welcome to the club. Bud
    Wasilla

Skip must have most of the airboats in Alaska at his shop.

tyler boat 040.jpg Here Is akmike30 New Airboat Looked Like With A Cab On It, The Guy That Owned It Wanted To Keep It For His New Airboat, Bud Your Is Not Done Yet Don't Have Anuff Hours In The Day Hopefully Next Weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    Looks good, tell us a little about it, power etc. air rangers are good well made boats. down the road if you start getting cold, skip can add a cab to your stand for you if you want. also thing you could add a wind screen and have a canvas guy make a cab for u. did u take it for a ride someplace before buying, even on snow would tell u a lot. u can also hook up mine in tandum and bring it back for me, save me a trip up to get mine from skip. Welcome to the club. Bud

Good looking ride. Where do you plan on runnning it??
    BK

Mike nice looking ride so I hear Dereck has gotten one also you selling your other boat. You should be able to get anywhere now. Chris
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Hey guys got the boat sitting in my drive way. Pretty happy. Little nervous about running it since I have never been ran one.
    I'm not selling my sport jet. No reason too. Unless I need to build a bigger airboat next year.
    Yes Derek bought one too,
    I'm just going run at knik tell I get Comfortable with how the boat runs. Then anywhere after that. Then ivashak this aug. anyhow if any you guys would like to take me out. It would be great. Thanks mike. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367038678.387142.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367038698.554334.jpg