Thread: Where to take the kids?

Default Where to take the kids?

I have a couple of mini quads for the kids and can't think of anywhere to use them aside from KRPUA which I am not a huge fan of. We just got a toy hauler so we are planning to make some longer trips this year and hoping to find some good areas up north to go. The trailer is 28' overall with a crew cab long bed dragging it so finding areas with decent parking and kid friendly trails will be the challenge. An area where I can drink a beer and watch the kids rally around a bit at the camper would be icing on the cake.

Like I said in the other thread. If you head up to where the Parks crosses the Big Su there is public access on the left. There shouldn't be an issue getting your rig down there. I'll have to check for you when the snow melts as the flood might have messed it up. HUGE sandbar for the kids to run laps around your camper. Enough breeze the bugs are almost non-existent. Call me, it's only 10 miles from my house. I'll bring my own chair and supply the beer
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Anderson RV park; big wide area, few little easy trails, got the river right there for splashin' around in, I think there's even a smallbore range....one stop shopping.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

"Sit and drink a beer while kids ride." Sutton confirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk-- Ain't technology great!

Low altitude:
    Sutton (already mentioned)
    The gravel bar along the Knik River (a few miles before you get to Jim Creek)
    The Kincaid Park motocross track in Anchorage
    The gravel parking lot at the state fairgrounds
    Kings River trail, the first few miles before it starts climbing up the mountain
    Petersville Road

Higher altitude (you'll probably have to wait until late May/early June before they are snow-free):
    Eureka, particularly the pit on the south side of the road.
    Denali Hwy: All kinds of places within a few miles of the Susitna River bridge
    Eklutna State Park (Sundays through Wednesdays, I think). Relatively flat gravel road paralleling the reservoir
    Willow-Fishhook Road (Hatchers Pass from the Willow side). A few miles past the end of the pavement there are plenty of pulloffs and gravel pits

Pretty much any large gravel pit along the highway.

Did they open Kincaid to 4 wheelers....last heard that was a no go?????

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Like I said in the other thread. If you head up to where the Parks crosses the Big Su there is public access on the left. There shouldn't be an issue getting your rig down there. I'll have to check for you when the snow melts as the flood might have messed it up. HUGE sandbar for the kids to run laps around your camper. Enough breeze the bugs are almost non-existent. Call me, it's only 10 miles from my house. I'll bring my own chair and supply the beer
    The road was fine after the fall flood . Only thing I have seen down there is loong trailers drag sometimes going in. But you could park up there with me and ride down to the river . Or if you get there first on the weekend there is a nice parking stop right below the bridge on the road enough for 1 camper/Trailer but people fight for that on weekends during the week no one there but me.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!