Thread: Irene lake in Palmer

Default Irene lake in Palmer

Anyone fish this lake?according to stocking charts. There's some big charr in there anyone wanna leave any suggestions on this lake?

I haven't fished it in a coupla years now but yeah there are some decent char and some very nice bows in that lake. Try fishing on the far left shore. There's kind of a drop off there if I remember correctly that usually produces. Try raw medium sized shrimp and shiny mid sized spoons with a moderately consistent action. The movement will get thier attention from a distance. Good luck.

Release Lake Trout

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    I haven't fished it in a coupla years now but yeah there are some decent char and some very nice bows in that lake. Try fishing on the far left shore. There's kind of a drop off there if I remember correctly that usually produces. Try raw medium sized shrimp and shiny mid sized spoons with a moderately consistent action. The movement will get thier attention from a distance. Good luck.
    i used to hit it right after ice out.. the helgamits were under the rocks and were the best bait.. their fun to catch.. but all the spring fish i ever tried to eat out of that system tasted like mud.. espessally the trouts..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365482693.141356.jpg

Early season ice fishing was good this year on Irene. Haven't been back since late December.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Well fished irene lake from 11 to 5 pm. Caught one fish 17 inch on a aero jig and a small flasher. In about 23 feet of water fished several different places and depth slow!!

How is the road going up the hill past the first lake? Is it drivable yet or do you have to walkin?... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

They recently plowed it. It was very drivable

Did you notice the tree in the pic by Danner, I think it was the same one all the way at end of the lake, we were near it.

Kinda slow fishing

I've had really good luck fishing the drop off up the southeast side using wooly bugger patterns. Having kept a 17" rainbow from there last weekend I can verify what Vince said about the taste. Disappointingly muddy tasting...It's a fun, easy spot to launch a float tube and fish, though for catch & release, Long Lake seems to have larger rainbows.