Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PETA Drones....

Default PETA Drones....

...Seriously....

Kaitlynn Kelly, a representative for PETA, tells U.S. News that they will soon seek FAA approval but that they "hope this won't be an issue," and that they plan to have permission to fly beginning in the fall.

"We're not releasing the locations that we have in mind, but we will look into the Northeast, bighorn sheep hunts and bowhunts because those are especially cruel," she says.

The group may want to carefully monitor its drone—last year, an animal rights group drone was shot down while it was attempting to monitor pigeon hunters in South Carolina.

LINK To The Insanity

Hunter Harassment on a new level, I think a bounty program on these things would be appropriate....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    ...Seriously....

LINK To The Insanity

Hunter Harassment on a new level, I think a bounty program on these things would be appropriate....
    Time to practice leading your shots, mountain hunters.

Mike, I thought initially you were referring to PETA's personel and followers as drones.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post

Mike, I thought initially you were referring to PETA's personel and followers as drones.
    The double entendre where intentional.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Time to practice leading your shots, mountain hunters.

That's what I was thinking. Now we need about 50 threads on here for the best caliber/bullet for bringing down a drone..(grin)

I just hope Peta wastes 100's of thousand's of it's followers donations to get some drones that'll crash.

Since Iran has them and China. I feel it too be my obligation to shoot any down that I see for the security of our country.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I see this as being kind of a sticky wicket, so to speak. I'd gladly shoot down a Peta drone....but how will I know its a Peta drone and not a US DOD drone or a ADF&G drone? Me thinks uncle sam wont appreciate his drones being used for target practice...

I don't really care whose drone it is, if it's intentionally harassing me while I'm hunting there's a good chance I'll shoot at it.

If the drones are looking for sheep hunters in the NE - about all they're gonna find is Lil Bo Peep.

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    I see this as being kind of a sticky wicket, so to speak. I'd gladly shoot down a Peta drone....but how will I know its a Peta drone and not a US DOD drone or a ADF&G drone? Me thinks uncle sam wont appreciate his drones being used for target practice...
    I doubt you'd even know if a DoD drone was there...they field a significantly higher level of technology than PETA can afford, or even purchase.

An ADFG drone is another story- not sure if they have or even want one- I do believe you'll see the regs expanded to keep up with this new development on all accounts though.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post

An ADFG drone is another story- not sure if they have or even want one- I do believe you'll see the regs expanded to keep up with this new development on all accounts though.
    Interestingly enough, Juneau is discussing this. Kinda timely.

LINK

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Hey, I want to get me some o' them PETA drones! When is the open season and bag limit?

What's it cost to mount a drone and hang it on my wall?
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Some radio control airplane enthusiasts might be interested in a downed drone... or how about hiring some of those guys to fly fighter models to blow them out of the air! That might be fun.
    Back to the hunters; here is what the Japanese equipped their Arisakas with in the hopes of shooting down an aircraft:Attachment 69706

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Oh they want one. Seems like every agency wants one now. I believe the regulations will have a hard time keeping up.

I think a drone would be a good asset for F&G. Equip it with some heat cameras and send it out to do the aerial surveys. Save a lot of man hours and be a lot safer also.

It is against the law to harass hunters and interfere with a hunter. It's in the ADF&G regs. Wonder how that's going to play in.

I would shoot it down! I would tell them it was a DLP as it thought it was the worlds biggest skeeter and he would run me out of blood!

Now I can't say for certain but I would imagine that PETA is using these drones to monitor people obeying state regulations, much like I was trying to shoot that duck when I take down their drone

Open season!

Another group has already done it....

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...179983451.html
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
    Hey, I want to get me some o' them PETA drones! When is the open season and bag limit?
    What I wanna know is how would a guy go about cookin' one up...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast