Thread: My buddy bought a Hewescraft 22ft hardtop. Anyone have one?

Default My buddy bought a Hewescraft 22ft hardtop. Anyone have one?

My buddy bought one that is 5yrs old. it is a hardtop. What can any of you tell me about them? How do they do in rough water? Thanks for any input you may have.

Hmmm. I just sold one for a friend of mine. They are great weekender boats. They handle the seas pretty well and fish 4 people good. Much more than that, it's getting crowded. As afar as a 5 year old boat, check under the floor for water absorption and such. But the 20' Hewes are a hard boat to beat as long as it has some power. 115's are a little small on it, but do OK. Which one did he buy?
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I've got a 22' HT. it'll take rougher water than the skipper wants to be in.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Searunner? Pacific Cruiser? Alaskan? Which model did he get? What pushes it?

Pretty much your 1/2ton dodge, chevy, ford of the ocean going flavor.

I agree - it'll take more water than you want to be on - but that can be said for most boats in cold deep shark infested salt water :-)

I think its an ocean pro. 22ft

Your friend will be happy with it.. I have the 26' and have been very happy with the twin 115 they have worked out very well on both power and fuel. If he has the full deck four will be the max fishing u will do. The 22' will start to get crowded pretty fast with a group of 4 or more for more than a day. I would check all pumps to include the water pumps on your motor or motors.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

I have a 22' Ocean Pro. Great boat, and handles rough water well. Last summer I had it in 6-7 ft. seas. Definately scary, and should not have gone out in it, but the boat made it. Wouldn't do it again.

My only gripe so far is the front window gaskets leak water.