Thread: Junk on my computer

Default Junk on my computer

So this isn't really about forum tips but..................I downloaded something, or attempted to. Didn't get what I wanted but did get some JUNK. I can't get the junk to delete. Says "access denied". One item is called PC optimizer pro, the other is strongvault. I don't have the complete download of these programs on my computer, but I'm constantly hit with requests to download full program.
    I just want them OFF.
    Thanks
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I believe those are both malware/spyware virus programs. Some google research should help you uninstall them.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

MT..........Have u tried the 'system restore' on your computer? Go to start button, all programs, accessories, system tools, then system restore. Reset the system restore to the calender date that is available just prior to when u downloaded the junk. That should do the trick.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    MT..........Have u tried the 'system restore' on your computer? Go to start button, all programs, accessories, system tools, then system restore. Reset the system restore to the calender date that is available just prior to when u downloaded the junk. That should do the trick.
    This is the only way to remove them, as the files and registry is replaced back to what they were when the restore point was created. Mal-ware is 99.99% impossible to 100% remove by deleting/uninstalling. They create back-trails and entries in the system registry that will re-download the crap you just deleted; its a never ending process. Almost all systems infected with Mal-ware get wiped and reinstalled.

Good luck MT.
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

I've had good luck using REVO UNINSTALLED to remove unwanted programs and there hidden files.

Do a Google search for Malewarebytes and down load and install the free version. That should take care of your problems. I have the paid version of the program and its worth paying for... does a very good job of keeping that sort of "stuff" off your computer.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    MT..........Have u tried the 'system restore' on your computer?
    Forgot about that. Just did it and appears to be what I needed.
    Thanks guys!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Forgot about that. Just did it and appears to be what I needed.
    Thanks guys!!
    Yeah, easy to forget that one, but it sure can be a lifesaver. Glad it worked. cheers.......
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!