Thread: Sleeping situations

Default Sleeping situations

I am reconfiguring my boat and I am trying to figure out how to come up with a couple of hanging bunks. I like the idea of being able to remove them when not needed. Has any one seen such a set up? I would appreciate any and all ideas.

Thanks

First of all remind us of the type of boat you have. How is your cabin laid out?
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Not sure what you have for room, but we used to mess around making our own Hammocks
    back in my Seining Days,..
    just takes a minor bit of Seine Web, or the smaller Trawl stuff, not too hard to find around a coastal town,...maybe a Marine Hardware Store

but those are Super Comfy to sleep in,...take up all the Rocking and rolling,....Kids Love 'em,...
    and with good hooks or eyes on the two ends,..can be used in all kinds of spaces,
    and stowed away in a small area later

wish I had a picture of one we made,...anyway, that's an idea,...
    just takes a little imagination, maybe a pattern offline somewhere,..but we used a broomstick type dowel rod for a spreader bar
    on the head and Shoulders end,....let the feet end taper to the end,...

there's Good Reason, they used to use those back in the "Crossing the Oceans by Sail," days, and they're fun to make,...
    First time you sleep in one,...you'll be Sold
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I like the hammock idea. I will have to play around with that idea. As for the cabin layout, I am reconfiguring so I am only limited by my imagination. The cabin is 12' x 8'6" x 6'4"ht. I am thinking of building a table on one side with bench seating, and a 6ft bench seat on the other side. Was thinking of hanging the hammocks / bunks over the table and then another over the bench set.

Sounds like you have pletny of room to mess with then. Check out the bunks that DMAN built inside his cuddy. Post #48 I believe. http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ry-Maker/page3 Might be able to do something like that along each side too.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

About twenty years ago I had a Bayliner that had a long bench/couch set up. The lower part of the back would swing forward and could be hooked into the ceiling with straps and hook and it would make a bunk bed style setup. I really liked the way it worked and it did not take up too much floor space but could sleep two comfortably. Wish my current boat had room for that.

Thanks for the ideas

It's not a bunk, but one place used for sleeping in my boat is the walkway isle. I keep one of those roll up thermorest mattresses and unroll it and use a sleeping back there. For as thin as they are, those mattresses are amazingly comfortable.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded