Thread: Old Fiberform gets new life

Default Old Fiberform gets new life

I just got my '78 Fiberform back from Boat Works of Alaska. I had originally thought of doing the work my self with a buddy. Wow, what a chore that would have been!! Well worth the money to have somebody else do it. Anyhow, it is sitting in the driveway, itching to get out. Then BLAMO, winter started again. She is sitting there, naked except for a smile. What should she wear out on her maiden voyage? What do you think I should put inside to make PWS an affordable, safe and pleasurable experience?

She is 28x10.5, twin 350's, head, table, fish box, no galley. There is a fume sniffer and a CO detector. All the wiring and steering are new. Motors and Outdrives rebuilt.

photo-12.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Daved View Post
    I just got my '78 Fiberform back from Boat Works of Alaska. I had originally thought of doing the work my self with a buddy. Wow, what a chore that would have been!! Well worth the money to have somebody else do it. Anyhow, it is sitting in the driveway, itching to get out. Then BLAMO, winter started again. She is sitting there, naked except for a smile. What should she wear out on her maiden voyage? What do you think I should put inside to make PWS an affordable, safe and pleasurable experience?

She is 28x10.5, twin 350's, head, table, fish box, no galley. There is a fume sniffer and a CO detector. All the wiring and steering are new. Motors and Outdrives rebuilt.

photo-12.JPG
    A good heater, electra dyne pot puller and a string of my shrimp pots !!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Hey Dave heater and set of pots. I know were there are a set of Donaldson pots. 1000 feet of line used. My neighbor sold his boat. Nice to see her ready for the season.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Thanks Mike. We have 8 pots to choose from right now, so we are good. Don't need to spend more money than I "need" to. I have one artery open as it is, no need to slit the other wrist quite yet.

I think you need a paint job...
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

i think we need more pics

I would stock up on jigs and other fishing tackle for sure. Can't never seem to have enough of that stuff.
    I know where you can get some kick arse halibut and ling jigs.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Twin 350's? Add a gas card
    what kind of work did they do to her? A coworker has a single 350 on a Volvo single prop drive and when he tuned up everything, his economy jumped considerably and it wasn't running rough or hard to start in the first place.
    Saw a Espar on clist for 650, 24 volt but you can make that work.

Rebuilt or replaced most all working parts it seems like. Steering, outdrives, fresh motors, exhaust, batteries and helm. Did some deck work to make it water tight. Oh yea, two more gas tanks.

I will have some pics after this weekend. She is kinda boring out in the driveway right now.

Kinda addictive once u get started!

Oh well, back to the drawing board. One of the Y pipes leaks. A total no-go. So, see you all in May.