Thread: NEMO ALTI Storm 3p

Default NEMO ALTI Storm 3p

Just picked one of these up from REI. Waiting for its arrival. I could not find much on reviews what i did find was all positive. My only concern is the weight at ten pounds its twice the weight of a hillenberg but half the cost. Price and the fact that it is American made is why I jumped on this over the hillenberg. Can anyone give some more insight into this decision, Like i said I could not find many reviews for this tent . I would love to hear from someone who has used this in the AK for backpacking/hunting and winter capming, which is what i bought it for. Anyone know how cold is too cold for these mounteneering tents kinda looking to push the limits here.

I own one and used it on a float hunt I did last fall with my dad. It was off and on snowing/sleeting along with strong wind and I couldn't hardly tell inside the tent. I was genuinely surprised when I got up in the morning to see snow and that the temp was in the 30 range. This is not a lightweight sheep tent, but a very spacious 2 person, or comfortable 3 person tent. Two huge design features that sold me were the double doors and large double vestibules. This worked out great as there was no one crawling over the other guys bag/gear to get to his bag/gear. Each of us had our own vestibule for your boots and gear and were able to sit on our own bag while taking our boots off and settling in. I do suggest ordering replacement pole segments incase you bend or break one. I will probably eventually order aftermarket poles for it in the future. I've used it with my family of four on dipnetting trips and rugged, remote camp outs in our backyard. The four of us sleep width wise with no gear inside. I'm 5'10" and I just barely fit without touching my head or feet that way, so in other words it has ample room to say the least. I just purchased the Asashi 4 person tent with the 4 person garage for dipnetting and family adventures because I was so impressed with the Alti Storm. I will probably get a mountain tent eventually, but this tent will serve for everything else to include winter camping. Here is the link to the hunt I used it on.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...rth-slope-hunt

AZinAK

Ya that was my only issue with it when I was looking at it online was weight maybe with three people ten pounds distributed isn't so bad. Is the weight posted the true weight. Ten pounds. I was also thinking I could get a cheap rain fly for warmer weather and leave the big orange one at home if backpacking what's your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota boy View Post
    Ya that was my only issue with it when I was looking at it online was weight maybe with three people ten pounds distributed isn't so bad. Is the weight posted the true weight. Ten pounds. I was also thinking I could get a cheap rain fly for warmer weather and leave the big orange one at home if backpacking what's your thoughts?
    The tent, fly, stakes, poles with two extra replacement sections, and the footprint weighed 10.3 lbs. I weighed it for our trip as we were restricted weight wise for the fly out. Split up it obviously would be less of a weight burden and you'd still have a spacious bombproof 4 season tent. I went with this tent instead of the Hilleberg because of the price point too. I would love to and plan on owning a Hille one day, but couldn't do it when I was looking into tents. You could try getting a different rainfly or small lightweight tarp to cover the upper mesh I suppose. You would just have to rig a way to fasten it to the tent so that it didn't shift or flap too much in a windy rainstorm. I have summer tents that are lighter and fit the role you're describing.

AZinAK

Just reviewed the tent by first look it seems very sturdy for the price don't think I could beat it. Taking up to the north slope this weekend to see how it holds up. Because if the lack of reviews on this tent ill post more. My only issue is it ways in at ten pounds an with the paw print looking at 11 pounds but split between three people that isn't so bad. Seems roomy and able to fit three people nicely and the vestibule are large enough for gear or three.