Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Life below Zero

Default Life below Zero

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...d-of-the-road/

Shuks, ........who knows what the editors will do with it, but we did the work, no matter what story gets told, LOL!!!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

When does that start ?
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

It starts in May, as far as I know. Whatever becomes of it, it is fun making it

Were the people pretty good to deal with...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Another "Yukon Men"?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

"race against Mother Nature in a dangerous quest to set whitefish nets on thin ice"

Now there's a whole new style of writing for ya stranger. Though I think I like your descriptions better.

If you hear an air date please post it up. I have no broadcast TV here, but I can get a guy to tivo it up for me if I know when it'll happen.

I didn't get to write a thing, just did the work. I. personally hope it's not another Yukon Men, in the sense that we are not near starvation or on the edge of wetness.......LOL!! We didn't feel the best of it started, but we certainly resisted some crazy ideas, and they started at the time of year that we stay home, set nets and get busy with skin tanning and sewing, but the artwork wasn't much to them, they wanted action when the ice was thin and darkness taking over the day, so the first ones were short and sweet.we did mucho mucho better the next couple times, and are rounding out a Wolf , Caribou, Wolverine hunt now.I actually had words over the content of some things said that would have made it something it wasn't. I believe they did change a few things for the better, but in some aspects,, because they don't live here, they just don't get it, but that's quite normal, and with time I personally see improvement.Working with these guys is great, especially with havering patience with the weather and such, it's never easy here, but we suffer no real hardships. Getting the weather to cooperate on their schedule isn't always easy, but the weather rules, as always.

I'll sure give it a try but will stop if they make ya look silly.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    I didn't get to write a thing, just did the work. I. personally hope it's not another Yukon Men, in the sense that we are not near starvation or on the edge of wetness.......LOL!! We didn't feel the best of it started, but we certainly resisted some crazy ideas, and they started at the time of year that we stay home, set nets and get busy with skin tanning and sewing, but the artwork wasn't much to them, they wanted action when the ice was thin and darkness taking over the day, so the first ones were short and sweet.we did mucho mucho better the next couple times, and are rounding out a Wolf , Caribou, Wolverine hunt now.I actually had words over the content of some things said that would have made it something it wasn't. I believe they did change a few things for the better, but in some aspects,, because they don't live here, they just don't get it, but that's quite normal, and with time I personally see improvement.Working with these guys is great, especially with havering patience with the weather and such, it's never easy here, but we suffer no real hardships. Getting the weather to cooperate on their schedule isn't always easy, but the weather rules, as always.
    How did it all come about...???

Got any photo's from the shoot?
    I was around when Disc. was shooting "Flying Wild Alaska" in Nome. Supposedly few folks got paid for being on the show the first year. Did NGC make it worth your while?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Martintrapper, you must know Boots N Luke, and some other fellas.
    Getting paid isn't much at all, we're well enough off as it is, so the money wasn't our motivation. Who knows how that will go, it's expensive here and LA based pay aint much at all, but its fun to do the work.

they actually contacted me for this via e mail, as I've had people trying to get here for such, but none were serious until BBC America showed up in person.
    weve been able to get a good story line out of the recent shoots, I have great confidence that after the first couple episodes that you all will see a big difference, as we changed producers, and had some good revamping afterward, and the production much improved.
    I don't know if it'll get to another season,I guess that depends on advertising and all, but since I'm FREE this summer and all, we can do it, and have a good time doing such.

i hope you like it, mid May, so I hear.

Default "Reality" TV...I wish it never came to Alaska

Well hell, the reality tv folks have sucked in another good Alaskan <grin>. Seriously though, I know others involved in this Chip. And the word going around is it's pretty Yukon Men-ish. I guess we'll see.

As long as it's not Mountain Men-ish.........now that show is a complete joke......

Congrats to Stranger! Best of luck to you and yours and may the show air for many seasons! Can't wait for the first episode!
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

neat stranger...looking forward to seein it sometime after i get done with spring bear. i've not seen yukon men...and i know what i think of most shows on the outdoor channell...but heck, the way i figure it, if they where to show even a portion of what a guy like chip does for a living up in his corner of ak, then it'll be a hell of a lot better viewing that the majority of the ridiculous mainstream garbage that seems to fascinate so many people these days. i hope you had fun doing it, and i hope it ends up being a positive thing for you stranger....

zack

Stranger, from all your contributions to this forum, I know you live a very facinating life style that many could not endure. I hope you and your lifestyle and the others involved do not get exploited. I watch anything I can that is based on Alaska life, and I must say, Yukon Men does not impress me. I thought Flying Wild was ok, and I enjoyed Gold Rush to an extent. Deadliest Catch is also pretty good at times. I hope this was a great expeerience for you and your family, and I look forward to seeing the end result. Knute

So THAT's why Stranger has been quiet these past months! Way cool! Look forward to watching "the life".

Super Star!

Well........We couldn't really give out what we were up to, allrighty, but now that its advertised, I can pipe up a peep. I am glad that it is turning out as it is, personally. I must say, the first couple episodes were tough as they wanted us to hunt.....and yet, hunting was over, as The Arctic Night was apon us...........Sewing, building sleds, repairing rides and traveling over ice and snow figured in pretty well, as it kinda is the way we do things, even waiting out storms in shelter cabins and Winter tenting.......and hopefully it's more about living in the Arctic than about hunting.Well see what the editors do with all the film, and I'm fairly sure it'll be good..........fairly sure LOL!!!

Dang, I wish I had access to tv during the summer season. I will have to wait and buy the dvd when it is available. I am sure your show will be thoroughly reviewed here on the forum so I can keep up with some of that action. Best of luck to you.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast