Thread: Kodiak goat

Default Kodiak goat

Tika t 300 wsm lite stainless with Swarovski 6-24x50..... Or new kimber mountain ascent 280 ai and new scope?
    Thanks

Those are some nice guns and great calibers. From a caliber standpoint the 300 WSM with a good 180 gr. bullet is a great choice as those billies can be as tough as nails. Not to mention you want to hit them and stop them in their tracks as they live in nasty country and the will find the worse escape routes in the hardest place for you to recover them! You also will occasionally have an encounter with a brownie and it is usually not an issue but, i know i feel a lot better with bullets in excess of 180 gr. in bear country. t would be hard not to take that Mountain Ascent but, I guess you can always take it on a sheep hunt this fall, as it is pretty much the ideal sheep gun! I took a beautiful ram with mine Kimber Montana 280 AI last year under ideal conditions at 381 yards one shoot, bang,flop! Good hunting!

Take the Swarovski scope off the Tikka and put it on the Kimber MTN Ascent 280 AI and roll with it........Big Billy Down !!!!