Thread: New Ride

Default New Ride

Today took delivery of our new/used boat; 2001 24' Hewes. Twin yamaha 100's 4 strokes, Wallas 1300, pot puller, raft, downriggers, 1300 hrs.
    Everything in fair shape, hasn't been used hardly at all the last few years so needs a little TLC and likely will install hydraulic steering and a radar, other than that I think we're good to go.
    funny thing is that this boat belonged to Pete (Spoiled One) prior to he & Tori upgrading to their Glacier Craft, Patience.
    will be fun to get it to PWS at some point to raft up.
    will post pics.

Awesome!!! Lets see those pics!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Congrats on the new boat.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Figures! Getting snow at the moment in Homer. Waned to do a shake-down cruise but as I woke up at 4 am and started going thru a mental checklist of stuff needed on boat, plus weather conditions, may delay.
    as much as I love supporting th local businesses down here, a trip to Sportsmans in Soldotna may be the order of the day. Need everything from tools to safety stuff.
    Few things to figure out on the boat; 3 batteries on a 2 battery shut off, bilge pumps just sitting loose, not fastened on bases and don't see float switches, boat has a Lowrance LC 15 CT finder & Simrad CP 31 GPS, bothi with no manuals so gotta crash course those.
    also have a raft rolled up tight like a sleeping bag so need to see how to inflate it and if it holds air.
    Pretty excited especially if it quits snowing!

pics soon

No snow in Soldotna yet....I installed a 3 battery switch with ACR's works good and solves the 3 battery thingImageUploadedByTapatalk1365265526.593371.jpg
    It's better to burn out than fade away.....

Congratulations on the purchase, Jim. We sure enjoyed that boat. It was great when there were just two of us, but with little people in the picture, we had to upgrade. We put about 1000 hours on those F100s. Man, they were easy on the fuel and the 160 gallon tank will give you some serious range. Lots of memories.

Easy to tow.

Heated head.

Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim House View Post
    Figures! Getting snow at the moment in Homer. Waned to do a shake-down cruise but as I woke up at 4 am and started going thru a mental checklist of stuff needed on boat, plus weather conditions, may delay.
    as much as I love supporting th local businesses down here, a trip to Sportsmans in Soldotna may be the order of the day. Need everything from tools to safety stuff.
    Few things to figure out on the boat; 3 batteries on a 2 battery shut off, bilge pumps just sitting loose, not fastened on bases and don't see float switches, boat has a Lowrance LC 15 CT finder & Simrad CP 31 GPS, bothi with no manuals so gotta crash course those.
    also have a raft rolled up tight like a sleeping bag so need to see how to inflate it and if it holds air.
    Pretty excited especially if it quits snowing!

pics soon
    Congratulations! Now I know for a fact it wasn't my fault it's snowing! (Inside joke)

If you look up the manufactures website you can usually download PDF copies of manuals.

If Spoiled One left all of his hot fishing and shrimping spots on the GPS you would be set up!!

Be safe out there!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

There it is! Thanks Pete for posting those pics. Gonna see if I can get a new set of decals, current ones are pretty beat up.

Congrads on the boat, been thru that several times and it is fun to outfit the boat the way you want. It use to take me about 2 seasons to get it to fit my needs. I talked to you at Bayweld Saturday, mine is the "Bernie C". Even tho I specked it out I know that adjustments will still be needed. Have fun with it, got a name on it? Probably see you in the harbor one of these days.

Hook

Finally was able to get the boat out for the first time yesterday, beautiful day, nice water. The boat had about a hundred gallons of 2 yr old fuel in it so we topped it off with fresh stuff, 4 cans of sea foam and out we went.
    did a lot of running throughout K Bay, little tutka, Tutka, Sadie, halibut cove, bear cove.
    Will post pics.
    wide open throttles resulted in 36 knots @ 5200, 5400. Starboard motor throttle cable needs adjustment I think. Also running the stainless props (will check today on size/pitch). Full fuel (160 gals) and 2 of us, not much else for junk on the boat. Sweet spot seems to be 4600 rpm's @ 26-28 knots.
    there are 2 other sets of aluminum props on the boat that I will try (yamaha 100's 4 strokes).
    The alum props will be run typically as I'm going to use the boat regularly during the summer as a water taxi, lots of beach landings.
    Hoping to get the motors to run higher rpm's @ WOT to utilize the power band, considering most days it will be loaded with people & gear.
    There isn't much out there to compare to the sweet singing of twin motors! Love that! Had the wife drive just so I could go back and listen

Hook,
    It was great meeting you & your family. Saw your boat outside looking like it was ready for the water!
    Mine is the Quickwater. Name isn't on it yet and not in the harbor but soon. Have to get some things dialed in and some welding done. Thinking a low radar arch to get he antennas & soon to be radar off the roof and out of harms way of loading kayaks up there.
    Also need to come up with a decently mounted extendable or foldable alum ladder that is mounted on the bow. Hopefully there's a Bayweld in my future with the drop stairs like yours!

Glad to hear your on the water! Pictures.!.!.!.!!.! :-)
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!