Thread: a dangerous game

Default a dangerous game

with all the daylight and sunshine my energy is surging. I need to hunt dangerous game, but which one? steely fanged, razor clawed, heartless maneaters or bear. ill think this out. economics-bear would require boat gas some camping supplies and a couple rounds ammo. heartless maneaters-pickup gas, drinks and all the money I have. if I go for bear I can buy a new skiff and be money ahead! +1 bear. long term repercussions-bear-if I connect a freezer full of meat and a new rug or if I get mauled and live there would be medical bills and pain and scars . heartless maneaters-if I connect there would be a mauling ,much expenses and probably emotional if not physical scarring and pain. +2 bear. on contemplation im going after bear but I have a weakness for heartless maneaters and the seasonal migration is starting to heat up. I better go buy that new skiff while I can!

Quote Originally Posted by boodog View Post
    with all the daylight and sunshine my energy is surging. I need to hunt dangerous game, but which one? steely fanged, razor clawed, heartless maneaters or bear. ill think this out. economics-bear would require boat gas some camping supplies and a couple rounds ammo. heartless maneaters-pickup gas, drinks and all the money I have. if I go for bear I can buy a new skiff and be money ahead! +1 bear. long term repercussions-bear-if I connect a freezer full of meat and a new rug or if I get mauled and live there would be medical bills and pain and scars . heartless maneaters-if I connect there would be a mauling ,much expenses and probably emotional if not physical scarring and pain. +2 bear. on contemplation im going after bear but I have a weakness for heartless maneaters and the seasonal migration is starting to heat up. I better go buy that new skiff while I can!
    What are you going to do with the bait you set for the heartless maneaters ?

Quote Originally Posted by boodog View Post

Gosh! You worry too much!

Heres what worked for me if you find you don't want them for what ever reason...

Talk LOUD but don't holler at them and don't look them right in the eye. Back away, get out of there as fast as possible.

Don't go to bars or church and don't make eye contact in the produce aisle.... You'll be fine! Next winters coming, it'll be OK...
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

Just buy the boat!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Just buy the boat!
    Yup, they don't tell you I'm not taking you hunting...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

besides... when the heartless maneater tires of you... it takes the boat, the bear rug, the freezer the meats in... the house the freeze is pluged into.. and the driveway the boat was parked in.. buy the boat.. hunt the bear.. eat the meat.. enjoy your life...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Vince, you area wise man with his priorities straight!!!!!!!!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Vince, you area wise man with his priorities straight!!!!!!!!!
    if you can't learn from your mistakes.................
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

meet on face book here

Very funny Vince. I don't quite agree it works that way everytime. We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary on the 20th of April and I can honestly say it's been a good ride. I would'nt have gotten here without my bride. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    Very funny Vince. I don't quite agree it works that way everytime. We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary on the 20th of April and I can honestly say it's been a good ride. I would'nt have gotten here without my bride. Cheers.
    Congradulation are certianly in order, folks like yourselves are certianly getting harder to comeby... my folk made 47 years before dad passed...

but in dads words.. if you want somthing.. get it before you get married.. its a 50/50 crap shoot now a days...

meet on face book here