Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Reloader 10X

  1. #1

    Default Reloader 10X

    Anyone know where I can buy some Allaint Reloader 10X? Found a pet load with what I had left and now don't have any powder to load it.

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    591

    Default

    I wish the hazmat fee wasn't so high. I have a pound I'd sell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I'm in Idaho.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

  3. #3

    Default

    Getting powder up here from the lower 48 is a hassle. Wish it wasn't so I could order powder online and ship it here all the time.

  4. #4
    Member mainer_in_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    what are you reloading for using reloader 10 x??

    This is a very good powder for both the .375 winchester and the 358 winchester. no need for magnum primers either.

    32 grains of reloader 10x will yield 1,900 fps in the 375 winchester using 255 grain barnes originals.

    48 grains of reloader 10x will yield 2,700 fps with either 200 grain accubonds or 200 grain barnes x bullets in the 358 winchester

    42 grains will yield 2,200 fps with 275 grain woodleighs(358 winchester).

    these velocities are from 20" barrels.

    This powder can be slightly compressed without spiking pressures.

  5. #5

    Default

    I am loading for the 6.8 SPC...28.5 grains 10X with 95 grain barnes ttsx around 2900 fps. Shoots 1 inch 100 yard groups. Of coarse now that I have the load I can't find the powder locally.

  6. #6
    Member mainer_in_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    well that's a bummer. nobody really uses 10x, so you'd think it would be on the shelves. I better stop giving it praise on a public forum......maybe it'll stay a "secret" and be found on the shelves again.

  7. #7
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Mainer..............surprised a powder popular with AR users in the 6.8 is good for big bore heavy bullets. Relaoding manuals call for slower powders as bore and bullet size get larger.
    I assume you actually use the 10x?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  8. #8
    Member dkwarthog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mat-Su
    Posts
    2,150

    Default

    Marten, FWIW, Hodgdon lists ALOT of powders that are good for 223 and 308 for use with say the 375 H&H Mag (with the lighter bullets anyway):

    8028XBR
    CPE 223
    H335
    BCL(2)
    4895
    Varget, etc..

    Not intuitive to me either, but that is what they list...

  9. #9
    Member mainer_in_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Mainer..............surprised a powder popular with AR users in the 6.8 is good for big bore heavy bullets. Relaoding manuals call for slower powders as bore and bullet size get larger.
    I assume you actually use the 10x?
    yes sir, I use it because it's ideal for the two cartridges mentioned. the 375 win is a straighwall case. Most folks who shoot the 375 win routinely use reloader 7. with reloader 10x being slightly slower, i opted to use this as a lower pressure alternative for my 1965 model 94 winchester that was rebored from 30-30 to 375 winchester.

    forum member beartooth was getting impressive velocity in the 358 winchester using TAC. Upon observing a few burn charts, I noticed reloader 10x was only slighty faster burning than TAC. 358 winchester does not behave at all like a 308 winchester. it actually has very little shoulder.....behaving more like a straigh-wall with it's preferences for powder.

    If you attempt to treat the 358 like a 308 and develop a handload with something like reloader 15, velocity will be unacceptable. Some guys even use reloader 7 for the 358 winchester, but I'm not that bold.

    Reloader 10x has worked very well for me.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1011027.jpg   P1010973.jpg  

  10. #10
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Reloader 10X was one of the last powders on the shelf when the stupidity started. I know that Mat-Su Tactical is where I got mine. I bought lbs from him and it's also my favorite 6.8 SPC load. I only have a pound left, or I'd help you out.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  11. #11
    Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    yes sir, I use it because it's ideal for the two cartridges mentioned. the 375 win is a straighwall case. Most folks who shoot the 375 win routinely use reloader 7. with reloader 10x being slightly slower, i opted to use this as a lower pressure alternative for my 1965 model 94 winchester that was rebored from 30-30 to 375 winchester.

    forum member beartooth was getting impressive velocity in the 358 winchester using TAC. Upon observing a few burn charts, I noticed reloader 10x was only slighty faster burning than TAC. 358 winchester does not behave at all like a 308 winchester. it actually has very little shoulder.....behaving more like a straigh-wall with it's preferences for powder.

    If you attempt to treat the 358 like a 308 and develop a handload with something like reloader 15, velocity will be unacceptable. Some guys even use reloader 7 for the 358 winchester, but I'm not that bold.

    Reloader 10x has worked very well for me.

    You're eating good this winter!

  12. #12

    Default

    AKDoug
    Had I had know before all this mess started that it would be the best shooting load in my 6.8 I would have done as you did and stocked up. I hate being without and not being able to burn powder at the range anytime I want to.

  13. #13
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    it appears to me that the panic buying is still in progress. Sport Ware shelves are nearly empty 24 hrs after the truck rolls in. And they have limits on how much of each stuff you can buy. I'm in Fbks. One needs to learn when the supply truck or shipment arrives and try to be there that day. I got a hot tip when in the Sport Ware today and went over to another store and got some 30 aught ammo I had wanted.
    Sometimes it is just a matter of getting lucky as well.
    I haven't been as successful as you and Doug, Steve, with 10x in my 6.8s. AA2200 works better for me.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  14. #14

    Default

    martentrapper, I haven't tried AA2200 yet but I am never satisfied so I am sure I will eventually try to work up a load using it providing supplies become available.
    I agree the only way to get anything from the big sports stores is to be there when the truck arrives and hope they recieved what you want. Trouble is I cant be at the store every week when the truck rolls in because of work requirements.

  15. #15

    Default

    I saw some at Alaska Custom Firearms just this afternoon. Give Steve a call.

  16. #16

    Default

    Just called and they are out. Work is getting in the way of my hobby!

  17. #17
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    it appears to me that the panic buying is still in progress. Sport Ware shelves are nearly empty 24 hrs after the truck rolls in. And they have limits on how much of each stuff you can buy. I'm in Fbks. One needs to learn when the supply truck or shipment arrives and try to be there that day. I got a hot tip when in the Sport Ware today and went over to another store and got some 30 aught ammo I had wanted.
    Sometimes it is just a matter of getting lucky as well.
    I haven't been as successful as you and Doug, Steve, with 10x in my 6.8s. AA2200 works better for me.
    You've got to run it hot. No light loads. My most accurate load is so hot I won't publish it. Funny thing is, my H322 load is also over max for best accuracy.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  18. #18
    Member mainer_in_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    reloader 10x likes to be compressed. Are you seeing that AKdoug? For some reason, slight compression of a full case gives best results. I'm actually running all my 358 handloads through the bullet seater die, pushing them down another .010" deeper in the cases.

  19. #19
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Yes, my 10X loads are compressed. It's funny how many new reloaders don't like to compress powders.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  20. #20
    Member AKsoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,555

    Default

    Steve, I have a full lb bottle, plus about 1/4 bottle of 10X. I don't use it anymore with any of my calibers. Do you have anything for trade? If you have something you aren't using that I might need, it's yours. Are you near MATSU?

    The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

    Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •