Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's in for the shrimp opener?

Default Who's in for the shrimp opener?

So, who's gong to be heading out for the opener and how long ya staying? I'm planning on catching the tunnel early on the 15th and staying until Thursday morning. Might be going on my own, so I'm wondering who else will be out there.
    Rob
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Wish I could be out there, too. We will be heading out on the 19th after shrimp and oysters!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Headed out the 19th myself for a few days. So quick question is shrimping better early or late season? Or is it just that time of year to get out after the long winter.

Headed out the 19th!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    So, who's gong to be heading out for the opener and how long ya staying? I'm planning on catching the tunnel early on the 15th and staying until Thursday morning. Might be going on my own, so I'm wondering who else will be out there.
    Rob
    Have to work but hoping a good friend that I know will hook me up with some shrimp LOL
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Darn normal shift workers.......

Skybust, I'll hook ya up with some this year.
    MMSI# 338232859

Not gonna make it out till the first weekend in may. I have two packages left and I am out so I need to restock. I am going to an area that is not so good so I can go more than once this year the last two years it's been one weekend and 40lbs of tails and no need to go again. I am hoping to find a bear this time.
    Anyone know where the comm guys will be raping and pillaging this year?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If weathers good 16th here if not 22-25
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Trying for the19th.

pulliing line.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    last two years it's been one weekend and 40lbs of tails and no need to go again.
    40lbs x how many sport shrimpers= a whole lot of shrimp. Who is actually raping and pillaging? It's always easier to point fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak kid View Post
    40lbs x how many sport shrimpers= a whole lot of shrimp. Who is actually raping and pillaging? It's always easier to point fingers.
    3000 rec permits issued last year.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I'm willing to take one for the Forum Members!! If everyone chips in $2.00 each I will promis to keep the boat in the driveway during the shrimp opener.

Cause if I even hint that I'm going to hook the boat up it will snow another two feet and PWS will be plain nasty out there.

Just trying to help you out!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

**** you retired guys!! I have a class the week of the 15th, so I'll be out the following weekend. Good luck to you all who don't have to work and hope you have sun shiny days!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Rob
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Retired yes, but I still work a full time job again. Just work the Thursday thru Sunday......

I could care less about the commercial guys shrimping. They don't bother me at all. If ya look at the numbers, there really aren't that many of them and they don't shrimp all that long because it's not worth the money spent.

Loose, I sent your $2.00. Now keep that boat in the driveway until ya get it.
    MMSI# 338232859

So it's not just me? Roads were clear for over two weeks and I hooked up the boat to go one last time before Tanners closed and it snowed 8 inches overnight. I won't be shrimpin' until the 21st for a few days ~ can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Change View Post
    I'm willing to take one for the Forum Members!! If everyone chips in $2.00 each I will promis to keep the boat in the driveway during the shrimp opener.

Cause if I even hint that I'm going to hook the boat up it will snow another two feet and PWS will be plain nasty out there.

Just trying to help you out!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Them darn commercial guys are getting all them shrimps
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I go one time per year for my family with my "5" pots get my shrimp and take no more than we can eat in a winter.
    How many days can the commercial guys fish and how many pots can they drop? Is it 50 I believe. So ten times the pots could equal ten times the shrimp 400# of shrimp every 2 days for how many days of their season.

I go one time per year for my family with my "5" pots get my shrimp and take no more than we can eat in a winter.
    How many days can the commercial guys fish and how many pots can they drop? Is it 50 I believe. So ten times the pots could equal ten times the shrimp 400# of shrimp every 2 days for how many days of their season.

The commercial guys have a quota of X pounds. If they meet that, their season is over.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I'd like to head out the first weekend of the opener, but it sounds like I might need to wait a bit longer for the snow to melt so I can retrieve my boat. Forecast for this weekend is more snow.

I'f I'm not able to get out that first weekend, my next free weekend will be mid to late May.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Sure, a commercial guy can drop ten times the pots, but aren't there more than ten times the rec guys over the commercial guys? Bottom line is, your raping and pillaging comment against the commercial guys isn't cool. Who is doing the real raping and pillaging out there?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast