Thread: Trail Report/ Alaska's Winter Park Cabins/ Willow 4/4/13

Smile Trail Report/ Alaska's Winter Park Cabins/ Willow 4/4/13

It's still Winter in Willow!

We still have tons of snow with cool temps at night and temps around 40 in the afternoon.
    Trails are solid and no water anywhere yet. And forcast is for a lttle snow and cool temps.
    So rideing should still be good for a while around here.
    Don't forget scratchers for morning riding!!!
    We have done some grooming but we only have a few hour window a day. When it starts to loosen but before it balls up in the groomers. So trail close in to the Willow Swamp are great but the trails farther out are a lttle bumpy. Coral Hill and Lucky Shot are the best trails! Still very good family riding and fun boondockin for anyone else.

Got cabins open if you need a place.

Remember We Take The Bumps So You Don't Have Too!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Curious about the Cruse trail mentioned last week. We got a late start last weekend, but figure we probably went 1/2 way before needing to turn back towards the campground. Been through recently? Also, if anyone has the trail plotted on their Garmin and is willing to share, would like to get this one plugged into mine in case conditions dont let me run it this wkend.
    Thanks,

Rode it Tuesday about 10 miles west past the Deshka and it was full of wood chips in places roughly 1/4 to 1/2 mile long. Headed out again tomorrow morning and will be riding it. There are plenty of swamps to jump off and cool your machine as long as the weather holds over the weekend. It's flat and fast running which is nice. Lots of people freighting to the Yentna right now on the trail.
    BK

Cruse Is about done for the season. But the trail will hold for a while. You can beat it to get to the upper Yentna as the river is a little bumpy! Cruse will be putting it in again next year to haul in drilling stuff to the pads. But get out and have fun. And the swamps are a blast along the way.
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Just came back via the Cruz trail....it's getting beat and lots of wood chips with all the sun the last few days.
    No new sun and clear blue skies that last couple days.
    BK

Yep. We ran it on Sunday, too. Loved the clear blue skies, but was disappointed that recent snowfalls hadn't contributed anything to the area. Here's hoping this week brings a little snow so we can get one more run in this weekend.

Did anyone GPS this Cruz trail, willing to share?

I was able to track it on mine (garmin) from Deshka Landing to Yentna River last weekend. Let me do a little cleanup work on the track and I'll see what I can do about posting or sending it your way.

here it is. I had to zip it so that the site would allow me to upload. You may need to find an unzip utility if it doesnt autoextract.

Includes track from DL to Yentna, plus an extension up to the Cruz pad. Enjoy and be safe out there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks coldrider