Thread: Glue - overcoming Commercial Air

Default Glue - overcoming Commercial Air

One week out from Bear Hunt float. Anyways; traveling commercial air to SE Alaska. Not much for raft glue where we will be getting of the plane. Anyone have common alternatives that might be available in small towns. I was thinking if I need to make a repair just using Shoe Goo (some people are cringing as they read that I imagine), with a patch then cover all with duct tape. I will be floating less than 15 miles and only floating one day as I'm walking in and having raft (Pioneer Pro) air dropped with equipment.

Odds are I won't need to make a repair but if something chewed on the raft early on I need some field repair capability.

Thanks

Default An alternative to glued patches?

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishOn View Post
    One week out from Bear Hunt float. Anyways; traveling commercial air to SE Alaska. Not much for raft glue where we will be getting of the plane. Anyone have common alternatives that might be available in small towns. I was thinking if I need to make a repair just using Shoe Goo (some people are cringing as they read that I imagine), with a patch then cover all with duct tape. I will be floating less than 15 miles and only floating one day as I'm walking in and having raft (Pioneer Pro) air dropped with equipment.

Odds are I won't need to make a repair but if something chewed on the raft early on I need some field repair capability.

Thanks
    FishOn,

I'd have a look at Tear-Aid Tape. It's the latest rage in glueless repairs and I believe it would work for your situation. Leave the glue and patches at home? Check it out AT THIS LINK.

Hope it helps-

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks Mike, exactly what I was looking for. 2-day FED EX on the way.

FishOn

Default Tear aid and glue

A friend used the tear aid and then patched when he got home. It worked beautifully. Being as careful as I am about repairs and first aid I would take the tear aid and then call and see if I can ship the glue to where the plane lands. Just in case.

Okay, I know that is a little over board.

Lori