Thread: 175 sport jet questions

Default 175 sport jet questions

Hello I am new to this forum and live down in Georgia. I recently bought a scorpion landing craft type jet boat. The person I bought it from informed me I needed to change the impeller and wear ring and it was also time to change some seals and pilot bushing or bearings or something. I know I have a three blade impeller. The mercury parts express web site lists a type I and a type II. I don't know what I have. And I also don't know what bearings or seals to replace. I am wanting to do the work myself but I don't have a manual for any of it. Jetboating is kinda rare down here and not many people know wnything about them. It has a 2000 model mercury sport jet. I know the impeller and wear ring has never been replaced and the holeshot is not what he said it used to be. Thanks for any info you have.

Default some info for you

I own the 175 also, but am NO MECHANIC! I found this on another forum, so check out the site. You may be able to get some answers on myboatforum.com

http://www.natimi.com/TechArticle/SJ...erviceV1.1.pdf

Send me your email address and I'll send you a manual.

Check out myboatforum.com Lotsa good SJ info...

Where are you at in GA and what rivers do you run?

Hello kevin, I have talked to you in the past. I am in villa rica and I have tony hughes old boat. He added a 1/4 inch 6061 peice to the bottom around the intake and keel and also added a deck off of the back. How is that glue on uhmw doing on your boat. I saw a thread about it on the river smallies site. I am wanting to do that to my boat.

How's Tony doin'? I haven't heard from him in awhile...

I've little time to spend on my "pet" projects this time of year, but $3 gas has the phone slowed down a bit.

I hope to get back to rigging my glue on hull...Then it's test time! I'll post the results at the end of the season.

The gas is killing me also, Tony is living in oklahoma. I'm sure he is doing just fine except for not being around here catching the big fish like he used to.

I have a link to a cheap PDF version of the owners manual (It's like $8)
    http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.p...service-manual