Thread: Cerakote in Alaska.

Default Cerakote in Alaska.

Who does cerakoting in Alaska ... that you would trust with your rifle?

Brophy, out on kinik road did mine and I am real happy wotht the results. Brophy's gun shop.

Tri-Jet Precision in Palmer does it also.

I can't help you with local cerakoters, but I will say you will love the finish. I have a .35 Whelen built by Sawtooth Rifles down in CO, and it has a cerakote finish. I love it, and it's perfect for the rough AK weather. Best of luck getting your rifle done.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

"You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams

Don't know about cerakote, but if you break down your rifle/shotgun/hand gun and mail it out in two parcels to Rocky Mountain Arms you can get it bearcoated. I have my 700 bearcoated to include my scope, bipod, spotting scope, and tripod. I love the finish and it has held up very nicely. And they are very affordable.

www.bearcoat.com

They have a quick turn around this time of year and will pay the shipping cost back to you as well (great customer service too)

I have 1 rifle that was cerakote'd and 1 that I got teflon coated by black ice. If I were to do it again I would go with the teflon all the way. Even on my AR 15 that was teflon coated where the bolt is constantly rubbing on the finish there is ZERO wear it is also slick as snot and claims you dont need to lube with it. I always do out of habbit but I know it would work just fine without. That said if you are in fairbanks Arctic gun works does cerakote they call it arctic kote but thats just a fancy name it is pretty much the same thing as cerakote. That is who did my other rifle and I am pleased with it but after 4 years of hard hunting with it you can see some wear mostly where the barrel was rubbing on my pack.