Thread: Anchorage to Kodiak

Default Anchorage to Kodiak

I'm having a brain fart. I can't remember what I paid last fall for Alaska Air Anchorage to Kodiak, but I thought I remembered that they run specials for 99 dollars one way.....Is my memory right or is it 190 one way was the special? I'm asking because they're 190 one way, but I thought they got cheaper than that....?
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

I just looked today as I am planning to go back early Oct. for goat hunt, it was 760.00 round trip for two.

I paid $234 round trip last Oct.

15K airline miles everytime

Quote Originally Posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    I paid $234 round trip last Oct.
    Nice, how do you get that kind of rate? Do they run specials from time to time?

What really irks my ass is that nobody will fly you from Homer to Kodiak...........at least not anybody I could find. It's like the big guys got a little monopoly going on....

If somebody knows anybody that does fly out of Homer I'd sure like to know.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Nice, how do you get that kind of rate? Do they run specials from time to time?
    I got lucky I guess. There were four guys in our group, and two of us purchased our tickets one day at that $234 price, then the other two guys purchased their tickets the next day and paid almost $200 more for them. We bought our tickets about a month and a half or so prior to going. I know that there's certain days of the week that you can almost always get tickets cheaper for than other days of the week.

One of them internet sites gives price alerts I believe. You set the price you want and when it gets to that price or below you get an alert. If you set it a little higher than you want to pay anything under that should ring in.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

That is about average I travel to and from frequently for work and occasionally it is cheaper and up to $600 RT probably a average range from $300-$500 occasionally more or less. Like Alaska Lanche said you can usually get it for 15,000 miles and often if you call the partner desk you can fly on ERA For 10,000 miles you have to ask for super saver seats. Best of luck

Airlines have the unique ability to price discriminate because they can identifiy the different demand curves for individual consumers. someone that buys a ticket a month in advance has a much more inelastic demand than someone that has to travel tommorrow because of the substitution effect.

HuntAK59,...there are still $99 OW specials now and then,...but really rare,...

I think the trick,.. if you have time, is to watch Alaska Airlines "Web Specials,"

but otherwise, a $190 is a pretty good deal

It's an Exotic Place to Live,...that's all there is to it,...I guess (???)
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Here are Ak Airlines prices as of today! Because I have an AK Air Visa card, they routinely send mewhat they call "Insider" pricing. which always appeared to me as if they reduced the price to certain destinations to stir up some volume.

Amounts are quoted per person in U.S. dollars, one way, and subject to change without notice until purchased. The final price may differ from the price shown on this page due to a real-time fare change or other mandatory recalculation.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post

I think the trick,.. if you have time, is to watch Alaska Airlines "Web Specials,"

'

Right on. I'm not in a rush to buy yet. I will keep an eye on the 49 club. Glad to hear there is the 99OW price now and then. I'll set my limit to $150 since 300-600 is normal as previously stated. Hopefully the 99 will come though! If it does I will bump this link.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    15K airline miles everytime
    Right on! I have a good amount of miles, so if I cant get it down to $150 I will use them Good call

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post

For sure Exotic! Love it, was just down in Florida fishing and all we talked about was Kodiak!