Thread: Honda Rancher AT Problems! HELP

Default Honda Rancher AT Problems! HELP

I'm having problems with my Auto transmission. When the drive mode selector switch is in AUTO the display is showing ESP. Another part of the problem is that even in ESP mode I am unable to shift gears and the mode indicator on the display keeps blinking ESP. I'm not sure if it's electrical or a transmission problem. Does anyone have any idea. THANKS!

Default Recall

Quote Originally Posted by huntermn15 View Post
    I'm having problems with my Auto transmission. When the drive mode selector switch is in AUTO the display is showing ESP. Another part of the problem is that even in ESP mode I am unable to shift gears and the mode indicator on the display keeps blinking ESP. I'm not sure if it's electrical or a transmission problem. Does anyone have any idea. THANKS!
    There is a recall on Honda Rancher's for that problem. I took two of them in last month for repair. Took a few weeks for them to fix it. Hartley Motors did it. It was covered because of the recall. You should've gotten a notice in the mail last fall. My gears also failed to shift.
    Johnny

One problem in the past was the speed sensor failing, the ECM defaults you to watever gear you happen to be in, that lets you get it out to the truck. A trick here is to shut it down, start it up and in ESP mode shift it to the gear you need. You have to do this depending upon the trail & riding conditions.
    Buy a maintenance manual and it will tell you how to retreive the fault codes on your digital display, they will tell you exactally what is wrong, sweet setup if you have book.

I thought these hondas never break down

Hah! Good one! Everythng that man touches breaks, didn't you know that? The last thing you want to do is say "mine" is better than everybody's elses. That's when your sh-- breaks!
    Honda is good, but then so is everything else! No bad rides, just bad riders!

Default ?!?

How is this possible? I was under the impression that Hondas are indestructible and perfect in every way.

Only as good as the guy riding it, no matter the make or model, you should know that!