Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking to borrow a sled for the weekend for bear hunt

Default looking to borrow a sled for the weekend for bear hunt

While out on a long road trip my wife and I glassed 8 blackies and and we are looking to borrow a sled for the weekend (saturday mainly) we will be glad to pay a service fee plus share the wealth so to speak. If you have 2 or more and want to tag along I would be glad to have you as a accomplice in the bear adventure. I will not disclose of the location on here but they are accessible. I would like to head out around 5am on saturday to get to where we would hunt by 12-1pm. I can supply the truck and gas if you want to go in and let me borrow a sled and of course share the meat. shoot me a text 253-561-1171

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

by the way the 8 blackies were over a 6 hour time span and around 60 mile stretch.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Looks like i got a sled hopefully saturday night ill have photos and a full report

Good luck, sounds like a good time!

already got reports from a friend that a brownie was dropped and a blackie yesterday so I am really looking forward to getting out there

Sled as snowmachine? or sled as in plastic sled you tow behind you?
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

basket sled, flat sled, plastic sled, whatever drags your load home
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I know who you are taking and where you are going! I have two sleds, one heavier duty one and one lighter kid style sled. Can borrow both if ya want! Told the other guy who is picking up snowshoes from me.

yah we are heading out bright and early I was going to head out today to prescout areas I spotted some nice bruins in on monday but due to the wife coming down with the bug and my spotting partner having issues getting to town we are just holding off until tomorrow. Should be a day either way tomorrow. we are going to be shoeing and I am heading out to pick up a ATV if all else fails and snow levels dropped enough out there. we will see how things go.

Good luck, and check the weather....

Your Severe Weather Watches and Warnings
    ANCHORAGE, AK
    Your Radar | Current Conditions | 15-Day Forecast
    SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ANCHORAGE AK
    ... 1125 AM AKDT FRI APR 5 2013
    ...SNOW EXPECTED AGAIN IN SOUTH CENTRAL ALASKA THIS WEEKEND...

DESPITE THE NUMBER OF SUNNY DAYS THIS WEEK...WINTER IS NOT OVER IN
    SOUTH CENTRAL ALASKA AND SNOW IS EXPECTED AGAIN THIS WEEKEND.

THE SNOW WILL BEGIN TO FLY SATURDAY AFTERNOON...BUT ACCUMULATIONS
    WILL BE MINIMAL. THE HEAVIEST PART OF THE EVENT IS ANTICIPATED TO BE
    FROM THE EVENING ON SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY. SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IS
    EXPECTED AND TRAVEL WILL BE IMPACTED SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY AS A
    RESULT.

DUE TO THE WEATHER PATTERN WE FIND OURSELVES IN AFTER THIS
    WEEKEND...SNOW IS A POSSIBILITY OVER ANCHORAGE AND THE MAT-SU AREAS
    THROUGH WEDNESDAY. SNOW WILL CONTINUE OVER PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND AND
    POINTS EAST FOR SURE THROUGH MID NEXT WEEK. HOWEVER...DEPENDING ON
    THE EXACT POSITIONING OF THE SURFACE LOWS MONDAY THROUGH
    WEDNESDAY...ANCHORAGE AND THE MAT-SU COULD RECEIVE ANYWHERE FROM
    LITTLE TO NO SNOWFALL OR SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL THROUGH THE WEEK.

IN ADDITION...NIGHTTIME TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE TEENS THROUGH THE
    WEEK.

STAY TUNED TO FURTHER WEATHER STATEMENTS ABOUT WEEKEND SNOW AMOUNTS
    AND POTENTIAL SNOW IMPACTS FOR NEXT WEEK.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Little to no snowfall or significant snowfall......... or a hurricane or tornado, maybe an earthquake or volcano eruption. It could be as cold as -20 but as warm as 80 so be prepared.... LOL.

That weather forecast just goes to show you no matter how much we think we know about nature it has not all been figured out.

Let us know how the hunt goes. Im ready to get out myself. A friend of mine is convinced there is no bears out this early. I would like to prove him wrong with one I drop!
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Little to no snowfall or significant snowfall......... or a hurricane or tornado, maybe an earthquake or volcano eruption. It could be as cold as -20 but as warm as 80 so be prepared.... LOL.

That weather forecast just goes to show you no matter how much we think we know about nature it has not all been figured out.

Let us know how the hunt goes. Im ready to get out myself. A friend of mine is convinced there is no bears out this early. I would like to prove him wrong with one I drop!
    More times than not, a number of my guide friends used to always guide for brownies the 1st week of April......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I have already first hand seen 2 bears in people I know's truck bed since monday.. we will see what happens tomorrow hopefully I can be another statistic of a early season blackie

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    I have already first hand seen 2 bears in people I know's truck bed since monday.. we will see what happens tomorrow hopefully I can be another statistic of a early season blackie
    Guess I need to get a day off work and go for a drive!

Guess I need to get a day off work and go for a drive!
    Heading out in a few minutes. It looks like mother nature wants to dump some snow on us but either way we are rolling out. I will have a full report later tonight

Good hunting!
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    Heading out in a few minutes. It looks like mother nature wants to dump some snow on us but either way we are rolling out. I will have a full report later tonight
    Looking forward to it. This snow doesnt want to seem to give up so you're gonna have your work cut out for you. I was planning on taking a peek on monday but I think it can wait for this recent round of snow to melt since I have not seen squat to even attempt to give chase to.

Looking forward to it. This snow doesnt want to seem to give up so you're gonna have your work cut out for you. I was planning on taking a peek on monday but I think it can wait for this recent round of snow to melt since I have not seen squat to even attempt to give chase to.
    Guess we avoided it down here on the Kenai....pretty much sunny skies all day. He could still get lucky....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

we got snowed in visibility was horrible after about 830am we were having a horrible time glassing the areas. we saw a prime location and saw what looked to be a out of place black mass but it didnt move for quite a while and the snow clouds rolled in making pretty tough to see. we will give it another try later in the week(s) coming. was still nice to get out and about though.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Guess we avoided it down here on the Kenai....pretty much sunny skies all day. He could still get lucky....
    Go outside sterling a bit and you will find plenty of snow. I just drove back to wasilla from sterling and it took 6 hours. Pass on anchorage side was great but that's it... The only spotting for bears I could do was 30 feet in front of my truck..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast