Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .22 lr ammo.....anywhere in Alaska?

Default .22 lr ammo.....anywhere in Alaska?

6 stores later.....not a single shelf in stock. I found four measly boxes of disgustingly over-priced CCI segmented hollowpoint at Mt. View Sports. Noon time at sportsmans......sold out cold.

matnaggewinu

Still a bunch of panicky people buying up all they can. Walmart in Kenai had an empty cardboard box, not sure when it came in or when it sold out.

I keep remembering the days of being a kid, and going through an $8.00 550 round box of federal 22 ammo every week, wish our children could get that type of shooting time in. Can't imagine all the kids out there who can't get in quality shooting time with their family, because guys are greedily hoarding at every opportunity. I personally talked to three different family members in three different states......no shortage of 22 lr on the shelves. Alaska is full of a different breed of incessant wackos I guess.

matnaggewinu

Where are the shelves full of 22lr man??? I have been looking all over, I have distributors in 8 states and family in 4 states and nobody has seen anything other than over twenty buck a box (50 rounds) match stuff in months now. Even CMP has been cleaned out to the point that they will only sell rationed quantities to clubs for match use only. If you know some dark corner full of bricks of 22 I’d like to know so I can bring up a pallet for all the guys that keep calling me looking for some for their kids to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I keep remembering the days of being a kid, and going through an $8.00 550 round box of federal 22 ammo every week, wish our children could get that type of shooting time in. Can't imagine all the kids out there who can't get in quality shooting time with their family, because guys are greedily hoarding at every opportunity. I personally talked to three different family members in three different states......no shortage of 22 lr on the shelves. Alaska is full of a different breed of incessant wackos I guess.
    There are none in North Idaho or Eastern Washington, unless you count the $50 a brick ones at the gun shows.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

I personally talked to three different family members in three different states......no shortage of 22 lr on the shelves. Alaska is full of a different breed of incessant wackos I guess.
    I have friends and relatives in about a half dozen states plus I just returned from a trip to Colorado where I visited every gun shop I could find. Same report everywhere, no .22 ammo except the high priced Ely and even that was just a box or two.
    Same story everywhere, if it comes in they ration it and it flies out of the store within minutes. CMP can ship a case of 5,000 to Alaska for just under $40 via FedEx direct to your door when they have it in stock. You might consider having your relatives buy you a case and ship it up to you since they are finding it in their local stores.

In 2014 you'all will be saying, "I can't find a brick of .22LR for less than $75/90.00 guess I should have bought a brick at $45/50.00

By 2015 it will be clear that the U.S. currency has been adjusted to it's true value, and no longer the worlds "Reserve" currency.

You'all do as you please..................See the people "YOU" call hoarders will continue trade pretend "Paper" money for hard assets that will hold there value for as long as some fool will accept the bogus paper money being printed by the Billions.

"May you live in interesting times"

I personally talked to three different family members in three different states......no shortage of 22 lr on the shelves.
    What states?
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

I was just in Ketchikan and craig, walmart was flush and log cabin in craig had am eagle bricks for 40$

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    CMP can ship a case of 5,000 to Alaska for just under $40 via FedEx direct to your door when they have it in stock. .
    I just checked CMP and they have a notice of 6-12 months for delivery for Aguila .22

have four aunts/uncles, and two cousins purchasing for me in NH, ME, and MA. How much 22 lr can you fly in your checked luggage? I'm hoping to bring it all back with me in May.

matnaggewinu

Sure there is a major shortage RIGHT NOW, but making 22lr ammo is not all that complicated and since we live in a free market society, I expect things will get better. If there is a demand there will eventually be a supply, I imagine.

I for one, am glad that I get paid with bogus paper money, because trading 22lr for groceries at Fred Meyers hasnt caught on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post

I for one, am glad that I get paid with bogus paper money, because trading 22lr for groceries at Fred Meyers hasnt caught on yet.
    YEP.......I remember my first credit card in about 65' was useless as merchants did not know what it was........Times Change.

I guess my yearly PFD trip to the ammo counter was not so dumb after all. I checked last night and I'm at well over 3K rounds of .22, and have enough .44 and 30.06 & 12 gauge rounds to last for years.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    What states?
    Can't find it in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    I just checked CMP and they have a notice of 6-12 months for delivery for Aguila .22
    Like I said, when they have it in stock. My last order for three cases is due in 3 weeks. Two months before that they shipped almost immediately.
    Times are a changin!

http://www.gunbot.net/

It is out there just rare and pricey.

Can't imagine all the kids out there who can't get in quality shooting time with their family, because guys are greedily hoarding at every opportunity. Alaska is full of a different breed of incessant wackos I guess.
    I have four aunts/uncles, and two cousins purchasing for me in NH, ME, and MA. How much 22 lr can you fly in your checked luggage? I'm hoping to bring it all back with me in May.
    If all your family members don't have every opportunity to grab all they can get for your kids to have a fun shoot, I can spot you a brick. I only bought one brick in the past six months but have enough because I have a son too. I go in to Anchorage often enough.

It's not just Alaska that's out of .22 ammo. There is very, very, little anywhere in the US.

I just sold 60 bricks last week here in Anchorage. People were buying to shoot, not horde. One gentlemen was buying for his buddy in Oklahoma as they had nothing local. Most were to keep their kids shooting. Others were switching to .22's because of the high cost of center fire ammo.

have four aunts/uncles, and two cousins purchasing for me in NH, ME, and MA. How much 22 lr can you fly in your checked luggage? I'm hoping to bring it all back with me in May.
    Depends on the airline. Alaska tops them all, allowing 50lbs. Most seem to only go 11lbs.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast