Thread: Great Day for the Sportmans Show

Default Great Day for the Sportmans Show

I had the best time at this years Sportsmans show, then i ever had. If the people who planned it can take anything into next years planning, it would be to have it on Easter weekend. I heard on Saturday it was so packed you could barely breath in there. So i changed my plans to go on Easter Sunday. My family and i went right when it opened and there was not that many people there at all. it was good to see all the favorite booths. And will be back year after year to kick off the new season at hand.

But i really hope they change it to easter every year....

They didnt seem to have quite as much gear there this year as the last few that I can remember. Still had a good time though. My son is almost big enough to start fishing at the kiddie pool they have set up. I cant wait till he can reach it. Those kids looked like they were having a blast.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Easter changes date from year-to-year.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Go Thursday or Friday... WAY less people, more personalized time with booths, more items available, less burnt out staffers

I was really hoping MVS would have had the smartwool sale like they had last year, but no dice. I had a good time, and got to meet some cool new people. Can't wait to do it all again next year.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Couldn't think of better way to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, then hang out at the sportsman show looking at the same chit that's been there the last 5 yrs..

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    couldn't think of better way to celebrate the resurrection of jesus christ, then hang out at the sportsman show looking at the same chit that's been there the last 5 yrs..
    lmao!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    Easter changes date from year-to-year.
    That's what I was going to say..........it just depends on what day Easter falls on.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Easter always falls on a sunday though, if you wanted to set the date for easter weekend I'm sure you can tell a year in advance. ie next year it will be on april 20. in 2015 it will be on april 5.

When ever I go, I always go on sunday morning - leave by 1pm - or a friday afternoon leave by 5pm. Saturday is for people that love rubbing elbows and waiting in line.

Quote Originally Posted by AKducks View Post
    Easter always falls on a sunday though, if you wanted to set the date for easter weekend I'm sure you can tell a year in advance. ie next year it will be on april 20. in 2015 it will be on april 5.
    That's what I mean....I doubt they'll want to wait till April 20th. Isn't it always the last weekend in March......regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    That's what I mean....I doubt they'll want to wait till April 20th. Isn't it always the last weekend in March......regardless?
    It always falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Whats such a big deal about that? You can probably get an iphone app to tell.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Due to my work schedule, I haven't made the show for 3 years but finally had a chance on Friday. One of the seminars I wanted to attend, the guy never showed. No ammo to speak of except a few rounds at Wild West Guns mostly handgun stuff and little of it. Not like I was expecting much, but **** it was lame. B&J booth was larger than normal, but had less stuff than normal. Overall, I thought the show was pretty lame for the hype. Only thing that made it worth while was the girl at the Sportsmans Booth let me have a fist full of 20 dollor off coupons I will put to use. I think I have only attended 5 or 6 shows in 14 years and only remember 1 that was really worth it. One thing this year I noticed was there was about 40% or so of the booths that had nothing to do with being a sportsman IMHO, just filler space. Kinda like going to the post office and sorting through Junk Mail!

The best stuff to me is the outdoor stuff, and that part is free lol.

I had fun and got some cool new small toys. Also attended a couple of good seminars.
    Michael Strahans seminar on meat handling in the field was pretty good.
    I also thought the non sports related stuff was lame and didn't belong. The cure all cremes and magical fix all your pain gadgets.
    I did buy some new braid fishing line and a few other things. I also met some new people.
    Some of it was the same old crap as usual but way better than our peninsula show.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I had fun and got some cool new small toys. Also attended a couple of good seminars.
    Michael Strahans seminar on meat handling in the field was pretty good.
    I also thought the non sports related stuff was lame and didn't belong. The cure all cremes and magical fix all your pain gadgets.
    I did buy some new braid fishing line and a few other things. I also met some new people.
    Some of it was the same old crap as usual but way better than our peninsula show.

Amen. I dont need some metro trying to rub lotion on my arm. If it aint for fishin, huntin, or hikin get it out of there.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    I think I have only attended 5 or 6 shows in 14 years and only remember 1 that was really worth it.
    I think I've only been twice, maybe 3 times, in 30 years......

Outdoor show?!!!

Well, that explains it. I was there looking for chiropractors, skin softeners and jerky!