Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Riverboat Gathering @ Susitna Landing...

Default Spring Riverboat Gathering @ Susitna Landing...

So I've seen past post in regards to a Jet boat get together and I wondered if there is any plan to do something like that this spring? If so I'm in.

You are the first to bring this up. I guess that if it is going to happen again it is time to talk about it and make some plans. Lets hear from some other people on this. T I know you do not have a boat right now, but I will have open seats for you and your family.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

It's not the first it's been brought up, but it is the first 2013 stand alone thread. I'm working around getting our well drilled this year; wife thinks it's important for some reason. I'd sure like to make the gathering if possible.

I think a nice lady from the ANC boat shop helped set it up last year.

I hope they get a gas $ fund set up early this year. I'd like to send in a few $ to help the boat owners with gas expenses.

I'd like to suggest May 18th as the date weather permitting. This is Armed Forces day and what better way to celebrate? Iím thinking Susitna landing as the gathering place like in the past? I can call and see if there would be an issue with them and verify theyíll be open. Iíve launched out of there a few times and run to the Deska but Iím in no way an area expert. Hot dogs and a fire on a gravel bar up or down river for lunch? I donít know these are just some ideas. Iíd love to see others boats and meet some fellow boat people. If you guys might be interested lets make a plan.

I was talking with Tracey the other day at Marita and the subject came up. I think they want to sponsor the event again. Tracey was thinking about fathers day weekend, if I'm not mistaken. This weekend is the big show weekend and I know they're super busy, so I'll see if I can get ahold of them early next week and have a confirmation or not.

Obviously we don't have to wait for Marita, but with the effort they put into last year I think we should. They put a ton of time, effort, and not to mention money into last year, and I really appreciate it. If any of you have ever tried to plan something like this before, you realize how difficult it is.

So, I say we do it when they can...
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Quote Originally Posted by Branr1 View Post
    I'd like to suggest May 18th as the date weather permitting. This is Armed Forces day and what better way to celebrate? Iím thinking Susitna landing as the gathering place like in the past? I can call and see if there would be an issue with them and verify theyíll be open. Iíve launched out of there a few times and run to the Deska but Iím in no way an area expert. Hot dogs and a fire on a gravel bar up or down river for lunch? I donít know these are just some ideas. Iíd love to see others boats and meet some fellow boat people. If you guys might be interested lets make a plan.
    I suggest you bring that boat to PWS for some real fun!!!!
    It's better to burn out than fade away.....

Default 1 more

You can put me down as one more (with a boat).

If I'm off I'll plan to attend the Marita event. If you guys would still like to get to gether for and earlier in the season run I'm still intrested. This is just a chance to meet others check out there boats and go for a boat ride.

May 18th might be out in PWS hunting this year.....
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

Joe good to hear you are still alive and I hope will.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

The sooner we know dates of a Spring gathering the better. I'd love to bring out my new Alaskan XL, I do have a lot going on this summer though so it will really depend on the dates picked.

Oh ya boyee!!! You can count me and Marley in... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

I'm in if i'm home. 21' XS. Have seats for five if the wife doesn't go. Seats for four if she does.

I talked with Tracey again, they are indeed planning on doing it again over Fathers Day weekend, June 15-16. They will most likely bring some CFMoto for viewing pleasure as well. He mentioned they might have that River Hawk Renegade available for test drives!

They are going to make sure the Susitna Landing can handle us again before the final date is set, but it looks pretty positive!

Thanks Dan, glad to hear from you as well!

June 15-16 works for me I think I will make the trek from Fairbanks this year

You gonna bring the hair dryer?

Cool, ill cut some bonfire wood if this stinking snow ever melts.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Anyone have a boat I can borrow...I promise to be gentle...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    Anyone have a boat I can borrow...I promise to be gentle...
    You can drive me around in mine I'd like to see what it can really do.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

What happened to your boat tjm ? looked like you liked that one!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast