Thread: Avets at Sportsman show

Default Avets at Sportsman show

Mt. View sports is giving 10% off at the show. Must order it though. They said about 2 weeks out. Surprised me and BJ Commercial also. They said they cant match that and didn't know how they were offering it. I picked up a HX 5/2 two speed. Hope I like it. Anyone have any feedback on what I got?

I've been fishing an LX6/3 2 speed for several years, mostly for marlin/tuna. Love it, although I did upgrade the handle to a single paddle power handle and prefer that.

I bought an Avet HX 5/2 last year and I love it. Its a big tough reel. I loaded mine with 80lb braid and it works great!

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    I bought an Avet HX 5/2 last year and I love it. Its a big tough reel. I loaded mine with 80lb braid and it works great!
    Good to hear. I'm usually too cheap to buy the good stuff, so I'm hoping for the best out of it!

Avet dropped their prices just a couple weeks ago. Check Clark bait to see if you are getting a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by captaindd View Post
    Avet dropped their prices just a couple weeks ago. Check Clark bait to see if you are getting a good deal.
    Do you mean Chark Bait? I am having a hard time finding a store for Clark Bait. The cheapest that I can find it on the internet is the same price that I paid Mt. View Sports, so I think I did OK. Thats why I posted this about their sale price. Thanks for the heads up. I also looked for Clarks Bait after viewing another post from you. Maybe you can send a link. Thanks again.

http://www.charkbait.com/ I miss spelled it. I purchased a couple of the Okuma Lever Drags in March to test against my Avet ML. I also have some Okuma Jiging poles coming they where $99 I live near Fairbanks so going to the sportsman show to get a deal is not worth it for me.

paired my Avet to a Tiger Lite jigging rod and had TONS of fun with 70-90# halibuts. Only a single speed Avet tho - forgot the model number.
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Bought my Avet from MVS at the show a few years ago. The only time I had seen it on sale anywhere. My favorite reel.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundfisher View Post
    Good to hear. I'm usually too cheap to buy the good stuff, so I'm hoping for the best out of it!
    But ya bought one of Ed's rods didn't ya !!! to go with that nice reel (for your wife) !!!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    But ya bought one of Ed's rods didn't ya !!! to go with that nice reel (for your wife) !!!
    Thanks for spending some of my money for me Steve! I'm still questioning if I will like the rod or not, but if I don't, the kids will probably like to use it. Good seeing you at the show. Hope it was successful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundfisher View Post
    Thanks for spending some of my money for me Steve! I'm still questioning if I will like the rod or not, but if I don't, the kids will probably like to use it. Good seeing you at the show. Hope it was successful for you.
    your very welcome just call if you need more spent !! i've never heard of anyone who has been unhappy with one of Ed's Whopper Stopper rods. I've been telling him for years to bring more of the different rods he builds to the show but the shipping always makes it difficult for him and he doesn't have that much booth space.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692