Thread: Colorado Boycott over New Gun Control Laws

Default Colorado Boycott over New Gun Control Laws

An article about the recent gun legislation was posted today at HuffPost Denver. What are your thoughts on how this will impact Alaska hunting? Do you think there will be an increase in outsiders applying for permits?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2962729.html

Not this year.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

I wouldnt expect to see a noticeable increase in non-res applications in AK. On the other hand, one person's boycott equals another person's opportunity for tags. I've always wanted to hunt Colorado...

Darn and I thought there would be more elk for the residents (me!). No, but really, you all are welcome as I hope we are welcome in Alaska. My hope is that we vote the bums out and rescind the laws in the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckscap View Post
    Darn and I thought there would be more elk for the residents (me!). No, but really, you all are welcome as I hope we are welcome in Alaska. My hope is that we vote the bums out and rescind the laws in the next election.
    I sure hope you do, Colorado was on my list of places I'd consider moving too...

I hope no one ever visits Colorado again for hunting

By the way, I am typing this from my hotel room in Colorado Springs and the temperture was 67 today. Came here to buy a house as we will be moving here in 2 weeks. Mission accomplished with the house, this place is really starting to grow on me. And I could care less if back ground checks are now required for private sales. I actually don't understand why people object to it. Ban on magazine capacity? Only effects you if you don't already own them. Am I missing something else in the Colorado gun laws that will change my life?

Gentlemen, the question was about what effect the change in Colorado law would have on hunting in Alaska. If you'd like to discuss the actual law in light of the Second Amendment, please do so in the appropriate forum.

I have a CO. elk hunt on PL this fall. The land owner is considering shutting off access to all hunts till 2015. If it is a no go, then I will have to stay in Ak for an extra 2 weeks. Either way, I will not be effected too much. However, I believe that when you govern against the will of the people, you will be held accountable come election time. Time will tell. I will add that there is an economic cost when Magpull and others leave CO. I would like to know how many businesses are lining up to move to CO this year. Is it just me or is this country becoming more divided.

Quote Originally Posted by Taliho View Post
    I would like to know how many businesses are lining up to move to CO this year. Is it just me or is this country becoming more divided.
    Right down the middle ...

One of the best things about this Forum is it political free most of the time. Just hunting and fishing all of the time. As a long time member and advertiser I strongly urge members to avoid this type of discussion and save it for other chat rooms and lets go hunting!

Walt
    Gulkana Raft Rentals

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkana Rafting View Post
    One of the best things about this Forum is it political free most of the time. Just hunting and fishing all of the time. As a long time member and advertiser I strongly urge members to avoid this type of discussion and save it for other chat rooms and lets go hunting!

Walt
    Gulkana Raft Rentals
    Unfortunately anybody that owns a gun is pretty much wondering what might happen to it right about now......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

The answer to impact to hunting in Alaska is probably zero. Most of the hunters that come to Colorado do not buy guided hunts. They come from the Midwest or Texas. They bring their ATVs or horses, draw for areas or buy over the counter licenses and hunt the same elk areas they have hunted for the past 20 years. For them to hunt in Alaska it would be a hell of a lot more expensive.