Thread: I need a release that elbow-attaches instead of wrist - Brand Name: RipShot?

Default I need a release that elbow-attaches instead of wrist - Brand Name: RipShot?

Anyone heard of a release brand name RipShot, that attaches at the elbow? It allows the shooter to draw the bow using more back muscles and zero wrist muscles.

Here is a nice review of the product: http://archeryreport.com/2010/01/rip...system-review/

Problem is, they went out of business pretty quickly. They certainly did sell a few; I've seen old listings (none current) where people were reselling theirs.

My problem is that I don't just want a RipShot, I need one. I cannot draw my bow at this time and will need to adapt.

I know I could likely legally just switch to crossbow with a doctors note but I don't want to. For just one reason, I need to work with some kids that will be learning bow shooting and if I'm shooting a crossbow they'll never learn archery.

For those that like visuals better, here is a RipShot in action:

The company was at dravesarchery.com and riparchery.com but both are kaputsky now.

I need their regular size Ripshot. But right now I would buy either size in any condition whatsoever, on the spot.

I have Martin release that has a loop to go around the wrist, it requires no "grip" to hold, I can draw with an open hand if I wish. Have you tried such a style, it may work if you can not find exactly what you are after ?

Thanks for the fast reply 338. No, I'm not familiar with that release. I looked up Martin releases just now and saw releases like this:
    http://martinarchery.shptron.com/c/releases-gloves
    but none that attach at the elbow.

Does your Martin attach at the elbow?

Do you know your release's model number, or have any pictures?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Attach at the elbow, no. The True Fire releases shown are nearly identical to what I have, I bought it many years ago so I do not recall the model name, sorry.