Thread: Diawa saltiga line

Default Diawa saltiga line

Had anybody used this line at all? I am thinking about trying it out...... I like the fact that its a finer diameter so it will drag less......

Yes, I do use it. It is one of the finer lines out there but is expensive. PE4 and PE5 are the ones I use...55#/70#.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

I've used up a spool of PE-4 and will be ordering a spool of PE-5 this year. Great stuff, I prefer it to power pro and tuff line.

In reality I don't think the smaller dia makes for a significant decrease in drag over the same weight super line from other manufacturers. Let's say you've got 50# power pro on one rod, PE-4 (55# on another) and 65# power pro on a third rod. If you need an 8 oz jig for the current on one rod, you'll need it for all. If you need a 16 oz jig for one rod, you'll need it for all. That's been my experience fishing rods with those lines in the same conditions.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Only real reason I am wanting thiner is I am going to give it a try for fishing for black cod........ Anywhere from 1400'-2500'

At those depths it might be enough of a difference to notice. I haven't seen it as a huge advantage down to 450'. Another advantage to the thinner line is you can fit alot of it on a reel. An avet sx can hold over 350m of PE-4.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Another option is spider wire. It is really thin and tough. I usually buy it off Ebay. I just purchased 1000 mm of 80lb test toro tame from Clark Bait of $99 it comes in muti color or white. I purchased 80lb in colored and 60 lb in white. I put about 1200 ft of backing plus 1500 ft of the 80lb on each of my electric reels.