Thread: rl17 and tsx load info

Default rl17 and tsx load info

The newest barnes book does not have rl17 in it. Does anyone know where a guy can find load data for 17? Call barnes? Thank you

Indiana, only because that's where the check came from...

What caliber?

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloade...px?powderid=25

Use their website database. Not anything and everything, but it should get you started.

Quote Originally Posted by ekberger View Post
    What caliber?

270 wsm. 130 tsx

Indiana, only because that's where the check came from...

The manual that I have "#4" does not list RL-17 either. Not sure if you have a newer edition. They seem to generally recommend a slower powder for this bullet, i.e., RL-19, RL-22 in the same family or H4831SC. RL-17 is a slightly faster burning powder so you will have to judge that accordingly. Sorry, not much help.

Quote Originally Posted by ekberger View Post
    The manual that I have "#4" does not list RL-17 either. Not sure if you have a newer edition. They seem to generally recommend a slower powder for this bullet, i.e., RL-19, RL-22 in the same family or H4831SC. RL-17 is a slightly faster burning powder so you will have to judge that accordingly. Sorry, not much help.
    I do have quite abit of 22 i was gonna try..i heard 17 was great in the shirt mags...better in 300wsm, but i know i could grt better velocities with 17 prolly. #4 is the newest manual barnes has out

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloade...px?powderid=25

Use their website database. Not anything and everything, but it should get you started.
    Ak ray- your inbox is full. I'll hold it for ya

Barnes has load data on their web site for the 270 WSM that includes RL17...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I emailed Alliant awhile back about r17 and 7mm-08 using 140 ttsx. Here is thier response:

You can use the IMR 4350 starting load with RL 17. Work your way up from there while watching the pressure signs. The max load will not be exactly the same but it should be similar. Thanks for your note.

I did and it's worked out great, also used it to develop loads for my 375 Ruger and 250 gr ttsx.