Thread: Lake louise !

Default Lake louise !

Any advice on going to Lake louise in the begininng of july? Types of bait, trolling or bait? any depths graphs, or any idea where around the lake are some good holes?

Quote Originally Posted by dmmccleary View Post
    Any advice on going to Lake louise in the begininng of july? Types of bait, trolling or bait? any depths graphs, or any idea where around the lake are some good holes?
    Lake Louise:
     April 16–October 31: Only unbaited, single-hook, artificial lures
    may be used.
     November 1–April 15: Single hooks only, bait may be used.
    Burbot:
    • Daily bag and possession limit is 1 fish, no size limit.
    Lake trout:
    • Daily bag and possession limit is 1 fish, no size limit.

Page 26. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...13_aykucus.pdf

No bait, single hook.

Lake map. http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing...?topic=39029.0

Depth of the fish depends on what they are doing at the time. Water temps and light conditions. I would start around 15 feet and work down from there. They shouldn't be over 30 unless the lake is very low and temps have been high for a long time. Remember that the ice doesn't usually go out until the weekend after Memorial Day.

The red mark on the map is a chunk of rocky ground that is hard to see at times. The east and west ends of it are shallow for a long ways out. Give it plenty of room.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Sounds good thank you! any advice on bait? By the way i have to wait for approval to see the map, as long as i have a general idea then it should be fine.

Sounds good thank you! any advice on bait? By the way i have to wait for approval to see the map, as long as i have a general idea then it should be fine.
    Since it went to single hook, I have to rerig my lures and see what works. Try not to use the word bait..... single hook lures are legal. Bait is not during the summer months. I have caught them on spoons, flatfish, spinners, and even pike flies.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Default Jakes

Sounds good thank you! any advice on bait?
    Jakes spin a lure work great there. Jakes carries three metals and two different color spots, and often I see one combo hit big and others not so much; I carry a few.